I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Piss and vagina

User
Posted 06 Sep 2020 at 06:00

My partner removed his prostate 6 months ago. Now when he c*ms, he p*****. For 6 months there has been no penetration. I am worried what will happen if we have sex and he starts pissing inside me. Is his piss going to change the PH of my vagina? Will I have an infection? I am currently abroad, in a country where I don’t speak the language, scared of corona virus, and the last thing I need is a vaginal infection. I basically want to have no sex. Condoms are not an option as the erection goes the minute condoms come into play. Is “pissing while c*ming” going to be forever or just for another year or so? 

User
Posted 07 Sep 2020 at 15:35

Janapp,

Ejaculating urine is called climacturea, and it's very common after prostatectomy. It happens because of the loss of the internal urinary sphincter with the prostate. Normally, that clamps shut during ejaculation to prevent semen being lost into the bladder (retrograde ejaculation) and also stops urine leaking out, but it's always removed with the prostate. Men rely on their external urinary sphincter for continence after prostatectomy, and that's forced open during ejaculation, often causing urine leak when there's no internal urinary sphincter anymore.

Urine is just as sterile as semen, so you don't need to worry on that front. The effect might be reduced by making sure he has a pee beforehand, but by the time he gets to orgasm, some fresh urine will have collected. I also haven't heard of anything on the pH side. Any man who's just had a pee before sex is likely to release urine into his partner anyway, so I doubt it's a significant issue.

This comes up when I'm counseling men, and their views on it vary enormously. For some men, it's a cause of embarrassment, whereas for others, the fact they still ejaculate something is a great source of relief and they suspect it makes the orgasms better. Equally, for some men who now have completely dry orgasms, the loss of any ejaculate can be a significant psychological problem. Personally I find it a great convenience, and means I no longer buy Kleenix in bulk from Costco. This just shows a wide range of views. I don't usually get the opportunity to talk with partners about it, so your thoughts on it are useful, and thoroughly understandable. Urine is usually associated with toilets and considered dirty, but it is in fact sterile unless you have an infection, exactly the same for semen. Some foods can impact the smell of urine which can have a strong psychological effect, and you could agree to avoid such foods before sex.

This might happen forever, or it might improve if his continence is still improving. You might find the use of something like a Durex Pleasure ring is enough to prevent it, depending on how much there is, although the ejaculation process is designed to make sure fluid gets out in spite of pressure applied, so that might not work for you/him.

Edited by member 07 Sep 2020 at 15:56  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 07 Sep 2020 at 17:17
I still sometimes leak s bit after 5 years, I just claim I am so good in bed I make my wife squirt!!

Missus hasn't had any issues with it when it happens, certainly prefers it sticky semen.

Try a durex cock ring too, I think it stops it for me and helps maintain erections.

User
Posted 07 Sep 2020 at 18:53
My husband leaks a little bit of urine during orgasm - I have never told him as it would upset him.

It won't harm you.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Sep 2020 at 11:32

Janapp

Men on here do  mention that they have ejaculated or leaked a small amount of urine during intercourse. Is your partner normally dry or does he still leak ? If he still leaks it may improve in the next few months, does he do pelvic floor exercises ?   Emptying his bladder before intercourse can help if he is normally dry. If he incontinent then that may be more of a problem. 

I will leave the vaginal PH question for others to comment on.

User
Posted 07 Sep 2020 at 15:35

Janapp,

Ejaculating urine is called climacturea, and it's very common after prostatectomy. It happens because of the loss of the internal urinary sphincter with the prostate. Normally, that clamps shut during ejaculation to prevent semen being lost into the bladder (retrograde ejaculation) and also stops urine leaking out, but it's always removed with the prostate. Men rely on their external urinary sphincter for continence after prostatectomy, and that's forced open during ejaculation, often causing urine leak when there's no internal urinary sphincter anymore.

Urine is just as sterile as semen, so you don't need to worry on that front. The effect might be reduced by making sure he has a pee beforehand, but by the time he gets to orgasm, some fresh urine will have collected. I also haven't heard of anything on the pH side. Any man who's just had a pee before sex is likely to release urine into his partner anyway, so I doubt it's a significant issue.

This comes up when I'm counseling men, and their views on it vary enormously. For some men, it's a cause of embarrassment, whereas for others, the fact they still ejaculate something is a great source of relief and they suspect it makes the orgasms better. Equally, for some men who now have completely dry orgasms, the loss of any ejaculate can be a significant psychological problem. Personally I find it a great convenience, and means I no longer buy Kleenix in bulk from Costco. This just shows a wide range of views. I don't usually get the opportunity to talk with partners about it, so your thoughts on it are useful, and thoroughly understandable. Urine is usually associated with toilets and considered dirty, but it is in fact sterile unless you have an infection, exactly the same for semen. Some foods can impact the smell of urine which can have a strong psychological effect, and you could agree to avoid such foods before sex.

This might happen forever, or it might improve if his continence is still improving. You might find the use of something like a Durex Pleasure ring is enough to prevent it, depending on how much there is, although the ejaculation process is designed to make sure fluid gets out in spite of pressure applied, so that might not work for you/him.

Edited by member 07 Sep 2020 at 15:56  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 07 Sep 2020 at 16:37
Great advice above. I used to leak a bit for the first year but not at all now. But urine is totally sterile so unless he has a UTI etc then it should not affect your vagina at all. It’s so sterile and clean that they used to wash wounds with it in battle when water wasn’t available.

Best post title this year goes to you. Best wishes to you both

User
Posted 07 Sep 2020 at 17:17
I still sometimes leak s bit after 5 years, I just claim I am so good in bed I make my wife squirt!!

Missus hasn't had any issues with it when it happens, certainly prefers it sticky semen.

Try a durex cock ring too, I think it stops it for me and helps maintain erections.

User
Posted 07 Sep 2020 at 18:53
My husband leaks a little bit of urine during orgasm - I have never told him as it would upset him.

It won't harm you.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 08 Sep 2020 at 10:57
It's an urban myth that urine is sterile - it assuredly is not! Which is not to say that it's harmful, of course.

See:

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/gory-details/urine-not-sterile-and-neither-rest-you

Cheers,

Chris

User
Posted 08 Sep 2020 at 16:02

Andy's reply is the first one I've seen that explains this.

For me the leak comes on arousal not orgasm.   It has got better but still happens, sometimes more than others.

After 6 months I was still stress leaking and occasionally leaked after relieving myself.  Your partner seems to be doing well so I'd think there is a good chance of improvement.

Well done for being so frank.

User
Posted 19 Sep 2020 at 09:49
I found the above threads very informative and helpful - thank you all for sharing.

I am now 18+ months since the op and still leak, some days being worse than others and for important days out I resort to an external sheath.

My penis still disappears inside the body now and then, but with luck it gets back to its original size especially if standing up naked!

Erections are not evident, but I can organism and am much less sensitive; however I can not stop peeing for quite a few seconds afterwards.

If anybody has had these sort of problems and recovered from them after 2-3 years it would be great to know as these problems are really dragging life down.

Take care all,

Chris