I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hello from a new bee

User
Posted 24 Sep 2020 at 15:13

I recently had a TURP and failed TWOC (don’t you love, at first, and then later, hate those acronyms?). Sent home with catheter for 15 days. TWOC passed. Day later had raging cystitis but no temp or sweating. GP prescribed 7 days of antibiotic. Gradual but not complete improvement, further 7 days of antibiotics. 
Has anyone experienced this- sore bladder and painful peeing still bleeding after 6 weeks from the operation?

Roll back time to beginning of last week and get the dreaded phone call that the biopsy showed cancer cells. Thank goodness very low grade so no treatment needed just watchful waiting. 

User
Posted 24 Sep 2020 at 17:24

Welcome to the community Robert. Sorry to hear you have had cystitis. I haven’t had a TURP, I had a prostatectomy in 2015, fortunately no cystitis after that.

Did you get anymore information on the cancer cells I.e. Gleason score, position of where the cancer cells are?

If you have your real name above your post and in your profile it’s probably best to change it to another username or just your first name. I hope others come along with comments too.

Ido4

User
Posted 25 Sep 2020 at 08:27
Many thanks for the advice

Gleason 3+3