Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

New Joiner

User
Posted 07 Oct 2020 at 12:22

Hi all,

Quick intro, just been diagnosed with PC, on my 67th Birthday yesterday !!

Following a UTI, & PSA of 27, various GP checks, leading to an MRI and Biopsy my consultant told my I’m a 7 on the Gleason scale.

Having a consultation next Wednesday to discuss options regarding surgery or radiotherapy. Will be searching the conversations for help to decide.

User
Posted 07 Oct 2020 at 15:54

Hi wooders, sorry you have joined us. Do you know what your T stage is? My guess is it will be T2, but it may be T3. That information will effect whether radiotherapy or surgery may be the best option. If you don't know, ask next week. I have a slight bias towards radiotherapy but others prefer surgery. 

Dave

User
Posted 07 Oct 2020 at 16:54
Welcome Wooders.

Do yourself a big favour and order the free fully comprehensive “Tool Kit” publication from this website.

You need to make a list of questions to ask at your consultation next week, and either record the answers on your phone, or in my case the hospital recorded a CD. I have never listened to it and it never was a No.1 hit😉

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.
User
Posted 07 Oct 2020 at 18:28

Hi Wooders. Sorry you are here. Understanding whether you are T2 or T3 will be a key bit of information in helping you to evaluate options. Hope the consultation goes well. Good luck

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Oct 2020 at 15:54

Hi wooders, sorry you have joined us. Do you know what your T stage is? My guess is it will be T2, but it may be T3. That information will effect whether radiotherapy or surgery may be the best option. If you don't know, ask next week. I have a slight bias towards radiotherapy but others prefer surgery. 

Dave

User
Posted 07 Oct 2020 at 16:09

Hi Dave, thanks for the message.

Don’t  know my T score yet, will ask during the meet next week. Also I know the G is 7, but not which way round yet !

User
Posted 07 Oct 2020 at 16:54
Welcome Wooders.

Do yourself a big favour and order the free fully comprehensive “Tool Kit” publication from this website.

You need to make a list of questions to ask at your consultation next week, and either record the answers on your phone, or in my case the hospital recorded a CD. I have never listened to it and it never was a No.1 hit😉

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.
User
Posted 07 Oct 2020 at 18:28

Hi Wooders. Sorry you are here. Understanding whether you are T2 or T3 will be a key bit of information in helping you to evaluate options. Hope the consultation goes well. Good luck

User
Posted 07 Oct 2020 at 18:40

Hi John, I have ordered the tool kit already and getting a list of questions ready for next week.

Thanks for taking the time to offer advice, much appreciated.

Regards

Kevin