I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

protein powders

User
Posted 08 Oct 2020 at 12:09

hi,i am thinking about trying whey protein powders trying to build me up a bit,anyone else using protein shakes to help them,any help please,cheers.

User
Posted 08 Oct 2020 at 15:16

Hi Radar,  this might not be right for you but are you able to eat Chicken, Eggs, Nuts, Beans and Greek Yoghurt.  They're all good for protein and it isn't difficult normally to have too much protein if you eat reasonable amounts of those.

User
Posted 08 Oct 2020 at 17:48

Hi Radar,

I use Diet Whey Powder 3 times a week after my gym workout. Whilst as Peter says getting protein from food is important I find Whey Powder a cheap alternative to increase protein intake.

I did use to take Casein Protein overnight before my PCa. However, I stopped as a google search will show some concerns with Casein and PCa. I have also reduced my diary intake based on this.

Interesting that you lost weight on HT. I gained 4 KG in 3 months and am finding it tough to get back to my usual weight (lost 1 KG so far).

Richard

User
Posted 08 Oct 2020 at 19:10

I eat lots of chicken and salmon, more percentage wise than is recommended.
If I don't, I find I'm losing muscle mass when exercising.

I've never tried protein supplements, but have wondered.

User
Posted 09 Oct 2020 at 07:14

Personally I try to avoid whey protein , rightly or wrongly I try to avoid milk and eggs ( try not never have).

i use pea protein, you can buy tubs of the stuff , chocolate flavour tailwind is my favourite, not  cheap and I only use after extreme exercise . Others are available, SIS chocolate powder but not as nice imho.

My diet is also rich in mushrooms, peas, spinach and broccoli as they are a good source and if course not processed.

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019