I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

dry eyes with medication

User
Posted 13 Oct 2020 at 15:05

hi,does anyone suffer from dry eyes from tolterodine or solifenacin,i have changed from tolterodine to solifenacin because it wasnt doing much good and bad dry eyes,i have recently started 5mg of solifenacin i am still getting urgency so will have to move up to 10mg,so my eyes will get worse ,i have tried a lot of preservative free eye drops,its a full time job putting eye drops in,my eye lids are red,any help please.

User
Posted 13 Oct 2020 at 16:47

Radar

Not something I noticed or associated with solifenacin at the time but I wear contact lenses and did have a period of time that they were getting sticky.

I have had a dry mouth with many of the anti spasm, bladder calming meds.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 20 Oct 2020 at 13:06

Oh for Goodness' sake - the above post has absolutely nothing to do with dry eyes caused by medication.

As usual, Radar, best advice is talk to your doctor or the pharmacist. No point increasing the dose if it is going to make the side effects intolerable.

(Edited to say that this was in response to a snake oil post that was later removed)

Edited by member 17 Dec 2020 at 18:29  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Oct 2020 at 17:52
thanks,lyn,a gp phoned me yesterday regarding medication,she said if the 10mgs of solifenacin makes my eyes worse to try something else,i think they are all similiar,got to increase the dose to 10mg because i was finding it hard to control and was leaking a bit.also i asked her to stop my 100mgs of sertraline which i have been taking for a long time,so she is reducing my dosage to 50mg,it could be that thats contributing to my dry eyes,so just see how it goes,cheers.
User
Posted 21 Oct 2020 at 18:50

Radar 

I find Regurin to be more effective than solifenacin for bladder spasms. I don't get the dry mouth issue with Regurin.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 21 Oct 2020 at 18:52
radar

Probably not an issue for you, but? I'm on eye drops for suspect glaucoma. Eye pressure increased so eye consultant informed uro stopped solafencin as its a known issue.

Ray

User
Posted 17 Dec 2020 at 18:32
Sonder can you just explain who you think needs psychological support? I am confused because no one commenting in this thread said anything about their mental health?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard