I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pads too hot overnight

User
Posted 19 Oct 2020 at 18:54

I'm just a couple of months since my prostate was removed. I'm experiencing moderate incontinence - daytime so counting myself lucky - maybe a couple of months exercises pre op. helped by the Squeezy Man app. has helped. 

I'm using medium/light pads in the day and have moved to the very lightest pads at night - but I still find I get very hot and itchy wearing them.

Any suggestions to ease the heat and discomfort?

I'm more or less dry at night, but not quite confident enough to try without them just yet. Maybe I should try giving them up....

User
Posted 20 Oct 2020 at 09:46

I have used Tena 2 on and off for six years and never experienced getting hot or itchy. The older tena2 pads were thicker and I did not have issues with them.

There may be something in the material of the pad that is irritating your skin and causing the hot feeling.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 20 Oct 2020 at 12:49
Time to ditch the night time pads, probably. For peace of mind, you could either buy a waterproof sheet from somewhere like Dunelm or puppy training pads from most pet shops.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 Oct 2020 at 09:46

I have used Tena 2 on and off for six years and never experienced getting hot or itchy. The older tena2 pads were thicker and I did not have issues with them.

There may be something in the material of the pad that is irritating your skin and causing the hot feeling.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 20 Oct 2020 at 12:49
Time to ditch the night time pads, probably. For peace of mind, you could either buy a waterproof sheet from somewhere like Dunelm or puppy training pads from most pet shops.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Oct 2020 at 18:21
Yes, decided to do without the pads at night and so far, so good, dry at night. Much more comfortable and a morale boost too.
User
Posted 02 Nov 2020 at 22:25
I only drop in on this forum occasionally and it sounds like you have already got and tried the advice. Night shouldn't be too bad, but it is worth taking some precautions the first few weeks. Not being a dog-owner we had never heard of puppy pads (somehow cat litter didn't seem a good idea ...) and instead we put disposable baby-changing mats under the sheet; they are available from many supermarkets etc.

I sympathise though with the irritating feeling of having your privates wrapped in wadding. I still have that during the day, so it is an important relief to be without at night.