I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Home testing PSA kits

User
Posted 22 Oct 2020 at 07:16

Many of you will know that I started this journey by chance by attending a screening event organised by the Lions Club in Maidenhead.  

The actual PSA test was conducted by the Graham Fulford Charitable Trust.  I have just received an email from them offering a home testing kit for PSA for £22.99.  I don’t need to use their service as I’m now on PSA tests for life.

I’ve never read anything on here about home testing kits.  Any thoughts?

User
Posted 23 Oct 2020 at 15:30

I just watched their YouTube video.   It seems very easy and cheap.    I'd be nervous of using it in case it gave a bad result and it turned out to be a false reading or different because of being a different assay than normal.

I thought I was being clever last year asking for an extra psa test at a different assay until it came back with a reading far higher than their normal undetectable.   With tail between legs I rang up my Macmillan Nurse and she let me have an early psa test which was undetectable.

In conclusion this sounds great in certain circumstances probably but I'd be very wary.

Thanks for letting us know.

The YouTube link on how to do their test is on the Graham Fulford Charitable Trust website here:

https://mypsatests.org.uk/Orders/

Regards Peter