I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Another Spike or ?

User
Posted 09 Nov 2020 at 15:38

So here we again. Yet another spike or ? Not unexpected, hence my hesitancy in booking PSA test, but sense prevailed. Those who know me will be aware of my PSA fluctations - yes I'm a good boy and refrain from activities that might increase it. To those newer members it was 1.96 in Apr 2017 which resulted in referral, tests but no treatment needed.

Passed message to GP stating referral point of 2. I've suggested another test now or next few months. Should hear from GP Tomorrow.

Recent PSA results - rest in profile 

Oct 2018 -- 0.634

Jan 2019 -- 0.726

July 2019 - 0.743

Sep 2019 - 0.875

April 30th 1.0

Nov 2nd 1.8

Ray

** GP just got back to me - test again in 3 months.

Edited by member 09 Nov 2020 at 15:42  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Nov 2020 at 00:03
Sorry to see this Ray - perhaps after the next 3 month test, they will agree to another scan but perhaps with a different tracer?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 10 Nov 2020 at 10:42
Thanks lyn.

One the one hand I'm highly fortunate compared with some guys but living on a continual roller coaster is more difficult the longer the ride. Something perhaps those considering RT/HT might ponder. I'm already aware IHT would be offered. At that point I would think a roller coaster was better than that 😀