Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

3 weeks since RP

User
Posted 09 Nov 2020 at 18:49

Hello all,

It's been 3 weeks since my RP. I've been dealing with high PSA scores (11-25) for about a year and a half. I had 3 biopsies that were negative for cancer. When my latest check came back at a psa of 25 we did another mri and biopsy and bam there it was cancer. After doing some research and talking with several medical professionals about options I decided RP was the best option. So on 10-22 at the MAYO clinic in Jacksonville I had my procedure. In the week following the procedure I didn't have much pain except for dealing with the catheter. One of my big worries was the erection issues and incontinence. 

Luckily I've been pretty good with the incontinence. From the time they took out the catheter till now I just leak a little when coughing, sneezing and sometimes getting up if I've waited to long to go pee. Hopefully I might be OK with the erections. I was able to obtain one with some manual help, I couldn't keep it, hopefully that will get better. I tried that after waking up with and erection. It wasn't as good as before the surgery but promising. I'm hoping that in the next few months my leaking will become nonexistent and maybe with the help of pills I can get and maintain an erection. 

Anybody with similar issues, I'd like to hear how you did in the months after surgery.

User
Posted 09 Nov 2020 at 22:48

Sounds to me you are doing pretty well after 3 weeks following your description. Better than most possibly. Think about adding any details re staging, gleason etc to your profile if you are looking for any comments (not advice) in due course.

Good luck

User
Posted 09 Nov 2020 at 23:02

Waking up with an erection after 3 weeks is impressive.  I have no automatic response.  I wouldn't go too enthusiastically though as you've still got healing to do.  Although many are more adventurous than me.  All the best