Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Smelly wind

User
Posted 23 Nov 2020 at 22:50

Hi 

I am on 3 monthly Prostap injections for metastatic cancer which appeared after 3 symptom free (0 PSA) years since having had radical prostatectomy.

I have them 12 week intervals for two years now. It has kept my PSA undetectable but have a couple of annoying side effects as well as positive effect on my other condition which ‘Ulcerative Colitus’.

The main one being that of passing of very smelly wind which is having disastrous effect on my personal and social life. I wonder if any one has a similar effect.

The consultant at Christie Mcr informed me that that is due to slowing down of my metabolism as part of suppressing my testosterone  production.

Any helpful information on this will be very much appreciated.

Mr Hulk

User
Posted 24 Nov 2020 at 03:52
I was going to post some jokey smart arse comment, as I too suffer from smelly farts - which I try to blame on the dog, but that is probably down to my consumption of real ale and its live yeast content, so I won’t.

You could look up the condition steatorrhoea, which may apply to you, but in any event, you could try activated charcoal tablets which won’t help with the flatulence, but might purify the air a bit.

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.
User
Posted 24 Nov 2020 at 07:53
Another member of the Prostap Smelly Fart club
Didn't realise until I read Hulks post HT was a contributing factor, thought it was a by product of getting older.
I've had to give up curries for the winter, getting too cold to stand in the back garden all night.