I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Should I be worried ?

User
Posted 24 Nov 2020 at 14:55

Hi I am a 39 year old, usually healthy and relativly fit male.

In the last few months I have been having a feeling in my groin just behind my left testicle, it is a feeling that there is a blockage or that something is present that shouldnt be, It gives discomfort and a dull ache. although there is nothing I can physicaly feel,

In the last 14 days I have had what i believe to be kidney pains (Left only) and this has been constant for this time and sometimes quite severe, the pain has occasionaly spread into my abdomin and also spine.

I have just had blood and stool tests (results not back yet) and am going to see a urologist soon as refered by my Dr.

Am I overthinking, am i been silly, I just cant stop thinking that my body is telling me something is not right,

Has anyone had simliar symptoms or can offer any comfort as I cant stop worrying ?

User
Posted 24 Nov 2020 at 15:56

Hi, 

I would say unlikely to be prostate cancer. Other than problems peeing there are hardly any symptoms until the cancer has spread everywhere, and then the symptoms are most likely pains in the bones. So do not worry too much about this being cancer. What it actually is I have no idea, kidney infection, urinary tract infection. Who knows? 

Dave

User
Posted 24 Nov 2020 at 18:07
All classic symptoms of a urinary tract infection. I wouldn't get too worried about it. Prostate cancer typically shows zero symptoms and certainly doesn't hurt 😁.

Best of luck,

Chris

User
Posted 24 Nov 2020 at 23:25

Could be prostatitis, which is not cancer, but inflammation of the prostate, usually due to infection.

Your brain doesn't recognise the prostate as a source of pain, so any pain in the prostate will get referred to other nearby organs, such as penis and testicles, and areas just around the prostate if they're inflamed too.

User
Posted 25 Nov 2020 at 01:31
It would be very unusual but not impossible for you to have prostate cancer aged 39, and usually there are no symptoms whatever, as in my case.

I am sure the urologist will sort you out.

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.