I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

MRI and biopsy want control

User
Posted 29 Nov 2020 at 19:39

Hi my name is Shaun I am 50 years old and have been really fit and healthy up to this point. On Oct 10th I started getting symptoms of UTI and started a course of antibiotics, these didn’t SSP anything and after a week went to the Gp who said I should have prostate exam which showed that it was enlarged about  30 cl and firm on one side and put on ciprofluxin. I was referred to consultant at Medway hospital where he reviewed my PSA which was low about 1.0 sorry I can’t remember the exact number he performed exam and confirmed it was enlarged and I had pain when pushing on one side and firm and a nodule on outside and recommended an MRI I was also given another course of antibiotics. I had a telephone consulatation to review the results where he stated that there wasn’t a nodule on the outside but there was a lump on the inside and that I should have urgent biopsy. This has all been a bit of a whirlwind and I don’t have any idea about the details of my personal case and as such am thinking the worst possible prognosis. So could someone please help me with some advice, I want to take back control of the situation and understand all the information I need. What questions do I need to ask about PSA, mri and biopsy, should I get second opinion as to whether I need a biopsy, what type of biopsy should I push for he said he was trying to organise a perineial one but I have recieved some information about a TRUS procedure. How long do biopsy results generally take to come back? Should I consider going private, can I get referred to UCH with the NHS who are the best consultants in this feild. Apologies for the ramble but been awake all night :)

User
Posted 29 Nov 2020 at 21:36

Hi shaun, I've replied to your other post. PLEASE CAN EVERYONE REPLY ON THE OTHER THREAD. 

Dave

User
Posted 29 Nov 2020 at 22:14

Hi ,

Have transferred my reply to your other thread as this duplicates.

Edited by member 29 Nov 2020 at 22:27  | Reason: Not specified

Barry