I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Covid restrictions

User
Posted 01 Dec 2020 at 16:59

Supposed to have 4 monthly routine Onco appointment today by telephone.

It never happened. Anyone else getting 3rd class service due to Covid restrictions?

User
Posted 01 Dec 2020 at 21:53

There was lots of this when phone appointments first started, but shouldn't still be happening.

Call the oncology secretaries, and ask what happened, and to book a new appointment.

User
Posted 01 Dec 2020 at 22:05

My phone appointments with Clatterbridge have been excellent. On time and no rush - happy to talk for as long as I wanted to.

Chris

User
Posted 02 Dec 2020 at 08:14

I rang Oncology secretary 2 hours after appointment time but there was no answer.

I finally got through to Urology at 4pm and left a message, someone from Urology is ringing me back today.

Edited to add Urology nurse rang and explained I'd been inadvertently moved to the wrong clinic the system wasn't updated and I wasn't notified.

An urgent appointment is being rearranged with my Onco so glad to report I've escaped from limbo.

Edited by member 02 Dec 2020 at 08:48  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Dec 2020 at 12:55
I have seen umpteen doctors, phlebotomists, radiologists, pharmacists, and dermatologists face to face, both with myself and my elderly father-in-law since March, and the only medic who refused to see me is my own GP who is afraid to stick his stethoscope on my chest to listen to my lung disorder...

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 02 Dec 2020 at 13:45

I haven’t had any issues phone consultations have went ahead ok - just waiting for 20th radiotherapy session today so no problem with getting treatment - getting blood taken at GP different story, I just go the hospital now it’s easier