Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pump advice: after care

User
Posted 12 Dec 2020 at 17:46

Hello

I probably took longer to start using a pump than most, a small hernia cause of some problems. It seems to have settled down, so about  a year after surgery I've started using a SomaTherapy-ED. It works pretty well as long I remember to pump up in stages.

After a session my penis does feel as if it has gone 10 rounds and I do wonder if there is any after treatment as the skin does feel a bit sensitive.

I look forward to your comments. Thank you.

Hank j

User
Posted 12 Dec 2020 at 20:15
It’s a shame you’ve had to wait a year. Sorry about the hernia thing ! But the truth is if you don’t use it then you lose it , possibly permanently. When I first used it , it was quite sore and the head filled with fluid and looked distorted etc but I persevered. In fact 5 1/2 yrs on with amazing erectile function I still use it 3 to 4 times a week just whilst shaving. It’s become part of my life and I think has paid amazing dividends tbh.

As for soreness I’m not sure. I’m circumcised so I guess the old fella is a bit more resilient than most. I would say use any cream that is non-perfumed or scented , or even just Vaseline to moisturise .

User
Posted 13 Dec 2020 at 14:35
"The leading edge seems to form a seal with the tube inner, so I wonder what the vacuum is working on..."

Sounds like you need more lube both on the skin of your penis and on the inside surface of the tube.

You can buy the XL tube for about £30 online, if it turns out that you need it.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Dec 2020 at 20:15
It’s a shame you’ve had to wait a year. Sorry about the hernia thing ! But the truth is if you don’t use it then you lose it , possibly permanently. When I first used it , it was quite sore and the head filled with fluid and looked distorted etc but I persevered. In fact 5 1/2 yrs on with amazing erectile function I still use it 3 to 4 times a week just whilst shaving. It’s become part of my life and I think has paid amazing dividends tbh.

As for soreness I’m not sure. I’m circumcised so I guess the old fella is a bit more resilient than most. I would say use any cream that is non-perfumed or scented , or even just Vaseline to moisturise .

User
Posted 12 Dec 2020 at 22:02
Are you using plenty of lube on the inside of the tube? The skin can get dragged up the side. If it is skin soreness from being stretched, it should get better over time - when J started using the vacuum device he could only get up to the first E in Esteem but by the time he passed the pump onto another member here, he was getting to the third E without any bother. It also became much quicker over time. As you say, the trick is to pump and rest in small bursts to give the blood time to flow in.

You aren't leaving it in an engorged state for more than 20 minutes are you?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 12 Dec 2020 at 22:32

Thank you Lyn for your reply.

I'm doing about 10 minutes a day at the moment. Slowly at first, releasing the pressure every 2-3 minutes and then maxing the pressure. I'm surprised by the effect, just worried the skin is getting a bit pulled.

Chris J, I’m circumcised as well. The leading edge seems to form a seal with the tube inner, so I wonder what the vacuum is working on...

Cheers

Hank j

User
Posted 12 Dec 2020 at 23:02
Maybe you need the XL size ( lucky you)
User
Posted 13 Dec 2020 at 13:25

I rang imedicare a few months ago re the XL tube because I felt that length was being restricted due to the full width being used. They said that it was unlikely that I needed the larger tube. I am still unconvinced and will probably try it in due course. Bear in mind you have to buy the new XL tube and also the new larger Rubber stopring separate. Good luck to all of us in this new weird world of penile rehab ( and lockdown !!!).

User
Posted 13 Dec 2020 at 14:35
"The leading edge seems to form a seal with the tube inner, so I wonder what the vacuum is working on..."

Sounds like you need more lube both on the skin of your penis and on the inside surface of the tube.

You can buy the XL tube for about £30 online, if it turns out that you need it.