Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Mets with low PSA?

User
Posted 13 Dec 2020 at 10:40

Hi again, 

You can tell stuff is on my mind, a sudden surge of posts!

Pete's latest PSA 0.2 (post surgery , RT 6 YRS ago and 2 yrs after stopping prostap)

He currently has shoulder pain in left shoulder. However, last week he was doing lots of heavy furniture removal in our daughter's bedroom.

My worry is that there's a chance even with low PSA rise that it's metastasis I'm his shoulder, although trying to rationalise with the furniture move. How unusual is it for low PSA to link with bone mets? His DX was T3 N1 M0 Gleason 9... 

I know the questions need to be put to his GP primarily, but thought I'd throw it out there for any thoughts? I promise I'll pipe down after this!! 

Thanks x

'Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, but faith looks up'
User
Posted 13 Dec 2020 at 13:50
It can happen, but generally only with rare and exotic types of prostate cancer. With common or garden adenocarcinoma (the "normal" type of prostate cancer), cancer spread will be associated with a rise in PSA.

It's perfectly normal to think that every ache and pain is a sign of spreading cancer - I've been there myself - but this honestly does sound like a muscular strain as a result of furniture moving!

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 13 Dec 2020 at 14:33

Thanks Chris. I know no one here can have answers and it's a really paranoid question...guess I'm seeking reassurance. So thank you! X

'Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, but faith looks up'