Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Correlation with Peyronnie's disease?

User
Posted 13 Dec 2020 at 11:27

Hello.

Thank you for accepting me into the group.

My treatment was two and a half years ago in Japan, where I live (I am a Brit). My life has long since returned to a kind of normal, so I stopped following the site, but I have a nagging question.

Does anybody know if there has ever been any correlation found between Peyronie's disease (mis-shaping and curvature of the penis) and prostate cancer? I had Peyronie's about 10 years before I was diagnosed with PC. It caused a kind of a sharp curvature of about 70 degrees, making sex difficult, somethimes painful, but not impossible. The matter is now of only academic interest to me, since (aged 63) Mr DaVinci took away the pesky gland and nerve tissue, so erections are only a fond memory in any case. 

However, I understand that Peyronnie's is quite common, and I wonder if might be an overlooked indicator.

I look forward to any comments.

User
Posted 13 Dec 2020 at 13:48

I never heard of such a relationship.

However, it's not uncommon to get Peyronie's during prostate cancer treatments, as a side effect of the treatments. Lack of erections can cause it, and that can be caused by prostatectomy and by loss of libido due to hormone therapy. Scarring caused by vasodilator injections (Caverject, etc) can also cause it.

It was one of the questions Mount Vernon asked us during treatment - have you seen any change in size/shape of your penis?

User
Posted 14 Dec 2020 at 14:38
Andy62,

Thank you for your comments.

Peyronnie's reduced my penis length by about an inch or so. The plaque (or whatever causes the condition) was in one location, on the upper side of the penis towards the base. The curvature produced erections which were shaped a bit like a coat hook.

I didn't have treatment for Peyronnies because sex had disappeared from my marriage long before then.

So it's interesting that you say lack of erections can cause Peyronnie's; but as I mentioned, that's only of historical interest to me now.

Yours,

Irvin