Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Post hormone therapy

User
Posted 16 Dec 2020 at 15:49

Hi all,

My prostap3 injection finished last month 21st Nov (last injection Aug), now 3 weeks on I've started to get what I can only describe as a dull ache deep inside of my rectum on the left near where I would expect my prostate to be. My cancer was in the right-side of the prostate and clear on left + I had a mesa rectal node zapped at the same time. My question is - would this be my good prostate cells trying to repair or my prostate getting bigger after lack of hormones? Is it some kind of withdrawal after being on hormones for 18 months? Also while I'm at it am I right in expecting aches and pains as my balls grow again + other parts of my body as bits are restarting after my testosterone shutdown?

lots of questions :)

Stal

User
Posted 16 Dec 2020 at 19:45
Honestly, what you are describing doesn't sound anywhere near where your prostate is and the ache is unlikely to be anything to do with your testosterone rising or healthy prostate cells regenerating - cells regenerate all over your body every second of every day without you being aware. Nor does the prostate grow when testosterone returns. Consider other possibilities such as piles or constipation ... or are you showing any signs of lymphodema?

Your second puberty may indeed cause some twinges and pains :-/

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 Dec 2020 at 20:00

Thanks Lyn, it's not piles, constipation or lymphedema. I'm still running and in the gym twice a week so still fit as a fiddle. It just seemed coincidental that I've had no probs or pain since starting all this then I come off hormones and I start getting an internal ache, however like I said I did have a rectal node zapped!

User
Posted 16 Dec 2020 at 20:48

Hi stalwart

I'm about six months ahead of you in coming off hormones. I managed to get a testosterone test with my last psa test. My testosterone was 1.3 way below normal which is about 9 to 15. I must admit I am a bit dissapointed how slow it is coming back. I would be really surprised if three weeks after your coming off HT there was enough testosterone to be responsible for any noticeable changes. 

Dave