Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Invitation to a focus group

User
Posted 23 Dec 2020 at 16:14

Be part of improving prostate cancer care for black men

We’d like to learn more about black men’s experiences of being diagnosed with and treated for prostate cancer so we can ensure black men with prostate cancer have the best possible outcomes.

We’d love to hear from you and are pleased to invite you to take part in a focus group with Prostate Cancer UK in collaboration with NHS England and their Public and Patient Voice representative, Simeon Greene.

The focus group will take place on Wednesday 13 January from 6:30-8:30pm via Zoom.

To be among the 10-15 people to take part, please email yourfeedback@prostatecanceruk.org

Places will be available to those who respond first, however if we are over-subscribed, we will set up more focus groups to ensure everyone has an opportunity to participate and have their voice heard.

Please also let us know if you’re not used to using Zoom, and we can support you with taking part.

With thanks and best wishes

Karen Stalbow and Simeon Greene

User
Posted 23 Dec 2020 at 23:41
Saw the first focus group post for black men, thought this one was for white men.

Apparently not.

User
Posted 11 Feb 2021 at 17:13

Hi Karen and Simone,

Is it possible to get a recording or transcription of this zoom event, that took place on 13 th January 2021 please?

I would be interested in the topic and also to see the outcome.

I would also like to be notified of any further discussions or regular Zoom meetings for BAME, men's prostate cancer discussion? 

Additionally I would like to know all the black men's prostate cancer groups in the UK, in order to link and swap ideas please?

Regards,

Donald

User
Posted 13 Feb 2021 at 19:38

Donald,

There's only one support group exclusively for Black African and Caribbean men that I know of, and it's one of the groups run by Prostaid, Leicester. I think I heard it's meeting on Zoom now.

All the Prostaid groups are listed here: https://www.prostaid.co.uk/support-groups/

User
Posted 13 Feb 2021 at 20:00

This one is based in Nottingham, I was privileged to be invited to one of thier meetings, a fabulous night.

https://fabcancersupport.org/

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 28 Apr 2021 at 19:15

Thank you Andy, I let you know if I find out more.

User
Posted 28 Apr 2021 at 19:17

Thanks Chris, that a positive step going forward.