Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My Cancer Thing - blog update

User
Posted 29 Dec 2020 at 15:22

Hi all

quick note to say that I've updated my blog about living with prostate cancer and the after-effects of anal cancer.

https://stewart124.wordpress.com/the-stoma-its-been-a-year-now/

There are a lot of chapters on it, and while the past year has been mainly about learning to live with the stoma, all of them are either directly about living with prostate cancer and its treatment, or include it as part of the narrative.

User
Posted 29 Dec 2020 at 15:39

Hi Stew,

I read 'The Dark Cloud'.  That's a heck of a post and well written.  I hope that was your darkest hour.   I'll look at your latest later as it took longer than I expected.  all the best Peter

User
Posted 01 Jan 2021 at 19:38

Hi Stew, it looks like 2020 has been a reasonably good year for you. Long may that continue. Your golf sounds like my very variable play!

Best wishes,

Ido4

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 29 Dec 2020 at 15:39

Hi Stew,

I read 'The Dark Cloud'.  That's a heck of a post and well written.  I hope that was your darkest hour.   I'll look at your latest later as it took longer than I expected.  all the best Peter

User
Posted 29 Dec 2020 at 15:54

Hi Peter

Thank you, and yes, life since then has been a lot less traumatic than the Dark Cloud days. 

I know what you mean about taking time to read it, each chapter seems to get longer.  When I started they were barely 600 words each, the latest one is just over 3,000 words!  The whole blog runs to 55,000 words now.

Take care.

User
Posted 01 Jan 2021 at 19:38

Hi Stew, it looks like 2020 has been a reasonably good year for you. Long may that continue. Your golf sounds like my very variable play!

Best wishes,

Ido4

User
Posted 01 Jan 2021 at 20:03

Stew, I'd read some a while ago, and I binge read up-to-date.
Very well written, and sorry, I couldn't help laughing at points (I blame it on the hormone therapy).
I hope you are now stable.

User
Posted 04 Jan 2021 at 08:51

Cheers Andy,  I'm glad it brought a smile to your face at times.  It is meant to be a bit light hearted - where possible!

Some of the experiences I have had through my treatment have been a little bizarre.  When I look back on the events to write about them, there have been times when I have had to laugh at the indignity, or the sheer ingenuity, of the treatment. 

I think the "humour in adversity" approach helps, as otherwise you'd cry.  I tend to fall back on a kind of gallows humour to help me to deal with it, and also to try to make the blog a positive read (where possible).