I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Positivity required

User
Posted 01 Jan 2021 at 21:06

I’ve posted a couple of times but felt the need to get down exactly how I currently feel.

After an 18 month successful tussle with bowel cancer last week I was diagnosed with 4+5 prostate cancer in one sample out of 13. I’m now awaiting results of the bone scan and this has terrified me conjuring images of spread throughout my body. It’s constantly on my mind with an associated feeling in the pit of my stomach. I’m using propranolol, beta blockers, to ease my anxiety but I don’t think I’ll truly relax until I know the actual diagnosis.

At the moment I’m hoping for a localised issue in my prostate which can be dealt with by HT/ RT or surgery thus leading to a cured outcome. I guess if it’s spread then I’m looking at treatment which delays the effects hopefully for some considerable time, but essentially it’s incurable but not terminal.

I guess I’m looking for some positives, reassurance and good news items!

User
Posted 01 Jan 2021 at 23:43

Hi Bazzer,

I am sure things will turn out all fine. 
My suggestion is to find things that will keep u positive.... your faith, your family , ur hobby etc.

All the best . Keep us updated.

Kind Regards,

Ranjit

User
Posted 10 Jan 2021 at 19:22
By the sounds of it they've discovered prostate cancer in its' very early stages, so the outlook should be good. If it has spread to the bones its most likely an adjacent one in the pelvis, but you won't know anything for sure until all the results come back. Try to stay positive about the whole thing, after all, you've been here before and come through it, so you can do the same again.
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 01 Jan 2021 at 23:43

Hi Bazzer,

I am sure things will turn out all fine. 
My suggestion is to find things that will keep u positive.... your faith, your family , ur hobby etc.

All the best . Keep us updated.

Kind Regards,

Ranjit

User
Posted 10 Jan 2021 at 19:22
By the sounds of it they've discovered prostate cancer in its' very early stages, so the outlook should be good. If it has spread to the bones its most likely an adjacent one in the pelvis, but you won't know anything for sure until all the results come back. Try to stay positive about the whole thing, after all, you've been here before and come through it, so you can do the same again.
User
Posted 11 Jan 2021 at 09:13
Why on Earth do you imagine it's spread? With one cancerous core out of 13 in the biopsy, that's vanishingly improbable.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 11 Jan 2021 at 12:30

I imagine that its spread because I'm always a glass half empty type! But I like your message! I saw the nurse last Friday for my Prostap 3 injection. She said that I'm to be discussed this week at the MDT and although she said she couldn't pre empt it she massively hinted that there was no spread so radiotherapy was the way forward. I danced around her clinic! Having rang the bell last year for bowel cancer I'm looking forward to ringing it for prostate! Bloody Quasimodo me!