Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Radium 223 pain

User
Posted 07 Apr 2021 at 22:01

Sandy

Great to hear you are back home. Hope things improve, take care.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 07 Apr 2021 at 22:06

Glad you are home Sanders.

Ido4

User
Posted 27 May 2021 at 20:20

Hi all.

Following my discharge from hospital a few weeks ago I'm still bedridden. Too weak at muscles and appetite still not back.

Just been told that I may not get to my daughter's wedding now. Didn't realise that it may be down to weeks rather than months now with regards life prognosis.  McMillan nurses have been great with regards pain relief etc.

So just a big thank you to everyone all for all their help and support throughout the journey. Family, as expected,  totally done in. No more tears now only look backpack on memories. 

Cheers all

Sandy

User
Posted 27 May 2021 at 20:21

Good luck to others in their battles. 

User
Posted 27 May 2021 at 20:40
Sandy I can’t believe this. I’m so sorry for you all. It beggars belief that you are only 5 yrs on with a G9 and have had every single treatment, yet find yourself in this awful situation. Sometimes I wonder if these treatments trigger worse outcomes. I so hope you get to be out of bed again soon. Eat and drink what you can. All my best
User
Posted 27 May 2021 at 21:23

Sandy 

So sorry to read your post. Thinking of you. Thanks Chris.

User
Posted 27 May 2021 at 23:20

Hi Sandy,

Glad to hear the nurses are keeping you comfortable.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

God bless and kind regards

Norm

Edited by member 29 May 2021 at 13:49  | Reason: typo

User
Posted 28 May 2021 at 00:09
Sorry to hear things are not going well... Thinking of you..
User
Posted 28 May 2021 at 18:16

Sorry to hear this Sandy. My OH has now reached the end of all treatments and trials, after spinal cord compression, now under Macmillian care.

kind regards 

Sheila

User
Posted 29 May 2021 at 13:34

Sandy its heartbreaking to read this thread for the first time, you sound like such a great guy and it's all happened so fast for you which is shocking. I really hope you get to make it to the wedding but I also hope you can be surrounded by the love of your family and friends over the next few weeks. Thank goodness things are so much further ahead in the UK covid wise than they are here in Ireland.

Xxxx

Misty

User
Posted 29 May 2021 at 17:50

Sandy - As a fellow Gleason 9 and just along the road in Glasgow, sorry  to hear that things aren’t great, in my thoughts

User
Posted 31 May 2021 at 16:13

Hi Sandy, so sorry to read this. Thinking of you and your family at this time. Glad the MacMillan nurses are doing their best to keep you comfortable. 

Ido4

User
Posted 31 May 2021 at 18:32
Oh Sandy, I am devastated for you all. Your cancer has just been so persistent and Heaven knows, you have tried everything offered to you.

I am reminded of an old member, Alathays, who was diagnosed at age 51 I think, and also tried every drug and trial going but nothing worked for long. As he was nearing the end stages, he would often say that he wasn't ready to go - one more cruise, one more trip, one more trip to the rugby club. As he often said, it isn't over till the fat lady sings. I hope that the fat lady is locked in someone's cellar right now and you have a bit more time x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 31 May 2021 at 22:30
Sad news Sandy

Good luck to everyone coping with the insidious big C

User
Posted 18 Aug 2021 at 14:23
Hi all I have started radium 223 treatment and have suffered diarrhoea severe fatique like I have to spend most of the day in bed or laying down.also my legs really ache and I can hardly move them. I thought I will check on hear to see if I could get any help

Regards

Phil

User
Posted 18 Aug 2021 at 18:48

Hi Phil.

Sorry to hear of your problems with meds.You have posted on Sandys thread who found the Macmillan nurses helpful with pain relief while on this treatment.You are likely to get a better response if you post this as a new thread otherwise it will get overlooked by many in the community who may have some helpful advice to offer.Stay strong.

Kind Regards

Norm