I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Advice and help

User
Posted 11 Jan 2021 at 15:17

Hi I’m 39 and been diagnosed with this 2 weeks before Christmas 2020. Not sure how to get me head round this 

User
Posted 11 Jan 2021 at 16:20

Hi Jay,

Sorry your here. Must be a real shock especially at 39.

Think I was 55 when I was diagnosed and it took me a while to come to terms with things.

Have they given you a detailed diagnosis and proposed treatment plan?

User
Posted 11 Jan 2021 at 18:48
Sorry that you find yourself here, Jay, especially at such a young age. Do you have a staging yet (a T-something number) or are you still undergoing diagnostic tests?

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 11 Jan 2021 at 19:49

Hello Jay,

Sorry this has hit you at such a young age.

It's difficult to follow up without more information about your diagnosis, and where you are with being offered and choosing treatments. If you haven't chosen yet, you might want to order the Toolkit from this site.

I've also sent you a PM.

User
Posted 11 Jan 2021 at 23:57
If you might want children (or more children) in the future, the starting point may be to ask about the possibility of sperm banking.

The tool kit is excellent; hopefully you have been offered an appointment with a urologist to discuss surgery (and possibly active surveillance) and an oncologist to discuss external beam radiotherapy and / or brachytherapy? You may be too young for active surveillance to be a realistic medium or long term option but it may be a good holding position if you are just about to get married or have a major life event coming up.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Jan 2021 at 16:11

Hi Jay,

There are a lot of people on here who've been through this and will offer advice.  Is it possible to write down the dates you had appointments and what you can remember was said to you.  It will make a starting point.   People talk openly on here as some could find it embarrassing.

Regards
Peter