Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Perseus 1 Trial

User
Posted 21 Jan 2021 at 19:36

Hi,

My husband has just been accepted for the Perseus 1 trial for prembrolizumab.  He will have an MRI next week and then the trial should start a month later.  I wondered if anyone else here is involved in the trial.  

User
Posted 23 Jan 2021 at 16:00

Hi, I hadn't heard of this but it sounds interesting reading the article on this website that is about a year old:

https://prostatecanceruk.org/about-us/news-and-views/2019/11/could-new-immunotherapy-treatment-give-men-with-advanced-prostate-cancer-two-more-years-of-life

'Now, this test is being used in another phase II trial, called PERSEUS, to test pembrolizumab in men who are mostly likely to benefit from the drug.'

Your husband is probably one of those most likely to respond by the sound of it.  Keep us posted.

All the best,
Peter

User
Posted 24 Jan 2021 at 14:53

Hi , my OH was accepted on the Maestro trial, which leads onto the Perseus Trial. He went in for his biopsy, but it was never done as  the person who was going to do it was called away on an emergency , as his Psa was doubling every 2 weeks the oncologist got him started on cabazitaxel, which has made him feel so much better, he is going to do 10 sessions, unless it fails before that, then go onto Maestro trial, unfortunately they have closed the Maestro trial at the moment because of COVID .

Good luck with Trial, will be interesting to see how you get on!

Sheila