I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Covid19 vaccine

User
Posted 23 Jan 2021 at 15:27

How are everyone going on with the vaccine. I'm waiting patiently in Group 5 ;- 65-70, however when I went for my last Prostap jab the District Nurse told me as I've got Stage 4 cancer I should be in Group 3 who are getting vaccinated now in our neck of the woods.

GP surgery have said I'd only be bumped up to 3 if I was having chemo.

Don't want to jump the queue but I was wondering how fellow PCUK members are fareing.

User
Posted 24 Jan 2021 at 18:25
I don't know where you live, John, but meeting anyone indoors is prohibited in England. Please don't!

In group 8 myself (55-60) so hoping to be vaccinated around April, all being well.

Chris

User
Posted 25 Jan 2021 at 04:43

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
I don't know where you live, John, but meeting anyone indoors is prohibited in England. Please don't!
Chris

It was a joke... at my party it will be just be Her Loveliness, me, and Herman the German, our Alsatian dog.

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 25 Jan 2021 at 04:47  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Jan 2021 at 19:35
Hi Mrs MAS, I'm doing good thanks very busy with jobs in the new house.

I'm 66 but in Group 5 for vaccine. Postcode lottery, only managed with plenty of nagging to get my ma vaccinated last week and she's 93 next month.

User
Posted 08 Feb 2021 at 20:08

Just had my pfizer vaccination today at Motherwell civic centre (Scotland). Age 60 and undergoing R223 treatment.

Turned up on time but had to wait 2 hours outside because of the lack of vaccinators,  but well worth the wait.

Cheers.

User
Posted 12 Feb 2021 at 09:57
Mine's booked for today with the Pfizer one. Right in the middle of the 3 months between Decapeptyl jabs.

Good luck to everyone coping with the insidious big C

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Jan 2021 at 20:42

Government website has the risk groups and the clinical conditions which may change your group. Blood cancers are in and so are treatments which make you more vulnerable; chemotherapy and radiotherapy. So yes some people with stage 4 will be bumped up, but others not.

I'm in the 55-60 group so it will be a while before they get to me. I have to say I am impressed with the UK vaccination program. The most vulnerable 10% of the population are the ones putting most strain on the NHS, and pretty much all of them have now had the first dose, yes I know two doses would be better, and it will be a few weeks before the jab is effective, but hopefully hospitals will start getting back to normal in a few months. 

Dave

User
Posted 23 Jan 2021 at 20:47

Had mine today but I suspect it only because I'm on enza as well as HT.

I'm 64 and been classed as clinically vulnerable since the beginning of the outbreak.

Edited by member 23 Jan 2021 at 20:54  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Jan 2021 at 20:49

My dads 85 stage 4 advanced prostate cancer and no letter for vaccine! We are in Scotland and they seem a bit behind ...

User
Posted 23 Jan 2021 at 22:38

I'm afraid your GP is correct and your district nurse is wrong.

You will have been receiving the Clinically Extra Vulnerable letters addressed to yourself, if you are entitled to be bumped up.

Actually, it looks like hormone therapy probably makes you significantly less vulnerable than the general public, although this isn't proven as yet. I did also hear just recently from a hospital chemo department that they've had no cases of prostate cancer patients on chemo acquiring COVID-19 (they would all also be on hormone therapy).

User
Posted 23 Jan 2021 at 23:45
Had mine today (AstraZeneca) at my GP's surgery, one of the few advantages of being 80+. Due to limited supply, I was offered alternative Pfizer vaccine at dedicated major centre instead today but preferred short walk to local surgery to driving about 10 miles to unfamiliar place. Second shot is scheduled for 17th April.
Barry
User
Posted 24 Jan 2021 at 00:27
Dad had his last week and our friend (T2 on Prostap waiting for his brachy, in his 50s) has been told he is in group 3 and will have his vaccine by mid February.

Another postcode lottery :-/

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 24 Jan 2021 at 01:59

I looked at the Government’s vaccine priority list, and very few cancers are included on it, least of all PCa, because I suppose it’s the least-worst cancer you can get.

Many others with PCa will have other comorbidities, so ‘should’ advance further up the queue.

The Government’s vaccination programme seems to be going swimmingly well, unlike their handling of the disease over the last year!

They are particularly cagey about the supply situation, blathering on about ‘300m doses on order’, who for? 140m doses would be sufficient for this country this year. I fear this progress will falter soon.

If there is a surfeit of vaccine supply, as they suggest, why is it being rationed in parts of the country, and the second booster jab being postponed from three weeks to three months. The Pfizer factory in Belgium will be closing shortly for a few weeks for an upgrade, so what will we do then?

We are all victims not only of the pandemic, but of the massive panic plague paranoia propaganda output (look at the government ads in your newspapers today) from Hancock and his sidekicks Glum and Glummer on the TV, most of whom have had the disease and recovered like 99% do.

Waiting for my jab, I think I’m in group 4.

I’m 65 next week. Gonna organise a party round mine for fourteen to save the 800 quid fine for fifteen. Trouble is, I don’t think I have fourteen friends anymore...😉

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 24 Jan 2021 at 02:33  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 Jan 2021 at 18:25

In group 8 myself (55-60) so hoping to be vaccinated around April, all being well.

Chris

User
Posted 25 Jan 2021 at 01:17
Don't know where you got your information that there is a surfeit of vaccine John, all I have read and heard on the news is that is a shortage of vaccine as Pfiyzer and AstraVeneca have failed to deliver all that was promised. My local surgery was one of a number that had to notify people they only had a limited supply so had to cancel some appointments.

If everybody took heed of the Goverment Regulations it would not be necessaary to keep banging on about them. Unfortunately, some people couldn't care less if they get Covid 19 or pass it on causing some hospitals to be overloaded and some staff to die. Furthermore, the NHS have had to cut back on operations meaning there is a backlog as private hospitals haven't the capacity to treat all the excess numbers.

Barry
User
Posted 25 Jan 2021 at 04:43

Chris

It was a joke... at my party it will be just be Her Loveliness, me, and Herman the German, our Alsatian dog.

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 25 Jan 2021 at 04:47  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 25 Jan 2021 at 04:46

Don't know where you got your information that there is a surfeit of vaccine John....

Government ministers suggested there was sufficient vaccine to go round at the start, but it is obvious now that is not the case, as shortfalls become more evident.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 25 Jan 2021 at 13:27
The government has said all along that the limiting factor determining the rate of vaccination is the supply, not the NHS's ability to get it into people's arms. They're now well over the target rate of 2m a week (2.8m in the last week).

Chris

User
Posted 25 Jan 2021 at 19:23

Thanks for the responses all, Andy is as usual correct. Stage 4 cancer gets no bonus points my GP confirmed today.

The only way I could be classified as extremely clinically vulnerable is if I'm undergoing current chemotherapy or if I'm a rough sleeper.

Not particularly bothered and plenty to do over the next few weeks as we've just moved house and there is plenty to do to get the place as we want it.

I'll put the District Nurse right when I get my next Prostap jab in April.

Stay safe all.

User
Posted 25 Jan 2021 at 19:28

Hi Anne

I live in Scotland too and received a text from the Scottish government stating that I'll be vaccinated mid Feb. I'm aged 60 and been on the vulnerable list since last summer.

Sandy

User
Posted 25 Jan 2021 at 20:31

Hi Anne

I live in Scotland too and received a text from the Scottish government stating that I'll be vaccinated mid Feb. I'm aged 60 and been on the vulnerable list since last summer.

Sandy

Hi Sandy

thanks for the reply. My dad is not on the shielding list so would not get any texts (+the fact he does not have a mobile !!). I think maybe it is because he is mainly house bound so assume nhs have a special list for home visits.

we will ask the doctors this week if no letter arrives.

thanks

anne 

User
Posted 25 Jan 2021 at 20:35

Hi Anne

The fact he is 84 also means he should get the vaccine by the 5th Feb shielding or not.

Definitely asked his GP.

Cheers

User
Posted 26 Jan 2021 at 11:35

Hi I had message last week and have booked injection for tomorrow in North Hertfordshire,74 year old,But wife has not had the call yet. She is 74 in February.

John.

User
Posted 26 Jan 2021 at 14:47

I hope PCUK don't mind me promoting this app.

I don't know how many people will already have downloaded this app to their phone. I did after seeing it on the BBC news in April. If you don't like clicking links on here google "kings college zoe" 

https://covid.joinzoe.com/

I have been logging any potential Covid symptoms for about nine months, they are now tracking vaccines looking for side effects and in a few weeks time will start to have data about vaccine effectiveness. The more people who log data the better. Though their sample is not a randomised trial they claim to be able to analyse information about a week ahead of government statisticians.

Dave

User
Posted 26 Jan 2021 at 16:31

Hi Jasper, 

Just to answer your question, Mr MAS went to the surgery for his prostap jab today and the nurse said he will be in Group 4 for covid vaccinations, they are currently on with Group 3 near us. 

He is 67.

Hope you are keeping well. 

Edited by member 27 Jan 2021 at 08:09  | Reason: Spelling

Mrs MAS

User
Posted 26 Jan 2021 at 19:35
Hi Mrs MAS, I'm doing good thanks very busy with jobs in the new house.

I'm 66 but in Group 5 for vaccine. Postcode lottery, only managed with plenty of nagging to get my ma vaccinated last week and she's 93 next month.

User
Posted 27 Jan 2021 at 03:45

Some secretary at my GP’s, in response to my question as to which priority group I am in for the Covid vaccination, tells me I am in group 6, with no priority at all as I am 64.

Until Friday, when I am sixty-five.

This is despite the surgery entreating me to go to them for a ‘flu jab in November, as I am considered at ‘high risk’ for influenza (for which they get paid), but evidently not for Covid as I am low-risk for that for which they don’t get paid, as the vaccination is done elsewhere.

Not too bothered anyway, as I’m sure I had Covid in February or March, and have had a ‘long Covid’ cough since then. The surgery has basically been closed for ten months, with virtually all consultations taking place via telephone. I have yet to have a stethoscope listen to my chest!

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 27 Jan 2021 at 06:26  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 27 Jan 2021 at 07:45

Chris

Cheers, John.

We can all legally move in together for John's party then move out again for mental health reasons 😂😂

User
Posted 27 Jan 2021 at 11:14
😂
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 08 Feb 2021 at 16:35
Just had confirmatory text that I get the vaccine on St Valentine's Day.

Not had to wait too long, rollout impressive.

User
Posted 08 Feb 2021 at 19:56

I am also in Scotland (East Dumbarton) 60 years old and had a call at work last Thursday afternoon to attend following afternoon for Astra Zeneca jab at GP surgery

I’m not shielding T3b Gleason 9 on Prostap and abiraterone.

Out for a walk yesterday (Sunday)and another local GP was open for vaccinations 

Must depend on area

User
Posted 08 Feb 2021 at 20:08

Just had my pfizer vaccination today at Motherwell civic centre (Scotland). Age 60 and undergoing R223 treatment.

Turned up on time but had to wait 2 hours outside because of the lack of vaccinators,  but well worth the wait.

Cheers.

User
Posted 08 Feb 2021 at 22:27
I only had a slightly sore arm and felt a little tired after the Astra vaccine. Unfortunately, my daughter had a severe reaction to the same vaccine, developed a very high temperature yet couldn't get warm even in bed, she also had a bad headache. I think she was one of a small number of people affected so badly - now much better after a few days. She has always been allergic to many injections including penicillin so this may be an explanation.
Barry
User
Posted 08 Feb 2021 at 23:22

Sorry to hear your Daughter had a bad reaction Barry.  Keith had the Astra Zeneca one last week and same as you, just a sore arm for a day or so.  I was surprised when they phoned me (I’m 69 next week) and I go tomorrow.  I think Keith’s had his as, although only a youngster (68), he had chemo for his PCa last March and is classed as vulnerable.  NHS certainly on the ball with the roll out.

Take care all and stay safe.

Ange x

User
Posted 09 Feb 2021 at 10:24

Day after pfizer jab, have a sore arm but nothing to write home about.

Did have the runs last night but presently undergoing R223 and had a one off RP a couple of weeks ago so was to be expected. Feeling fine this morning though.

User
Posted 09 Feb 2021 at 11:06

I'm CEV (not because of PCa), but hadn't heard anything.

In response to the news yesterday, I went booked online. It knew I was CEV.

Then it said, because I missed my first vaccination, I'd have to rebook it.
What? I was never told about my first vaccination!

Anyway, booked in for this weekend, and second one is booked 11 weeks later.

User
Posted 09 Feb 2021 at 18:53

Get mine tomorrow a few areas are now doing the over 65s.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 11 Feb 2021 at 21:40

Just had mine. I’m 67 and T3.

I posted a question earlier as to whether or not the Covid vaccination and my Decapeptyl 6 monthly should be taken very close together. That’s a concern for me, will one affect the other.

User
Posted 12 Feb 2021 at 07:23

I asked my Onco if I should space my Prostap jab and Covid19 vaccine out and he said I don't necessarily have to.

As it happens I get the vaccine on Sunday and my next Prostap is due beginning of April.

User
Posted 12 Feb 2021 at 08:59

That’s good to get a professional opinion. I’m a bit miffed that my GP just ignored the question.

User
Posted 12 Feb 2021 at 09:57
Mine's booked for today with the Pfizer one. Right in the middle of the 3 months between Decapeptyl jabs.

Good luck to everyone coping with the insidious big C

User
Posted 12 Feb 2021 at 17:04
Had mine today , cannot fault the organisation , same as when I took my 80 yr old mum , ex . God bless the nhs , scientists and the roll out team !
User
Posted 12 Feb 2021 at 19:04

I'm 64 and finished RT/HT for locally advanced PC in Jun 2018 & got call today from GP to arrange covid jab next week as I'm clinically vulnerable which is news to me, I'm not concerned either way but wonder why I'm clinically vulnerable. I do take tabs for blood pressure but that's all.
Not complaining by the way but wife is saying 'told you so' (about being vulnerable) but that didn't stop her making me do shopping last 12 months!
Peter

(I'm in Merseyside)

Edited by member 12 Feb 2021 at 19:12  | Reason: Location

User
Posted 13 Feb 2021 at 02:34

Surprised that I don’t have antibodies for Covid following a test, but it’s nearly a year since I thought I had had it.

Nevertheless, at 65 and 8 days, I have been called for a jab today at a local surgery at 11.26.

“11.26?”

“Yes, they are doing one jab a minute. Would 11.27 suit you better?”

We are trying to go on several holidays this year to make up for all the ones we had to cancel last year (we did manage one week in Croatia before that too, went on the blacklist).

It’s increasingly obvious to me that no-one will be going anywhere without two stamps on a Covid passport. The government say it won’t happen, yet they have given three firms 75 grand each to look into to the possibilities of one...

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 13 Feb 2021 at 02:39  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 Apr 2021 at 13:46

I am now 17 days on from my second AstraZenaeca jab, initially I had no reaction to either jab. A few days ago my upper arm and surrounding area became sore to touch and even my clothes rubbing on the skin was uncomfortable. Yesterday my armpit became tender and I noticed a small circle of spots in the armpit.  My initial thought was it may be related the contrast and nuclear injections for two scans a week ago.

I sent a photo to my GP and awaited a call, on looking at the covid vaccine side effects I  saw some similarities. My GP's  locum rang this morning and prescribed some cream and dismissed any covid vaccine side effects. 

Anyone had a similar experience.

Thanks Chris