I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Enzalutamide you Expierences

User
Posted 09 Feb 2021 at 10:59

Hi, I am scheduled to meet with my Oncologist later this week to discuss and agree next action(s).  Subsequent to my diagnosis December 2020 (refer to profile for detail) there  as been ongoing  discussion between respective Urology and Oncology consultants. I have been informed that their current proposed next action (recommendation) is to start a course of Enzalutamide. 

I have informed myself re the numerous pros and cons of Enzalutamide and subject to discussion with the Oncologist believe this to be the best option at the present. 

Whilst I appreciate that everyones expierence of Enzalutamide is different, much like many treatment options the potential  side effects are numerous, I am keen to hear from anyone who as expierence of Enzalutamide. Also if anyone as any thoughts re benefits of Chemo before or post Enzalutamide. 

Regards Joaquin

User
Posted 09 Feb 2021 at 15:30
No personal experience but regarding onco questions I would be asking about adjuvant RT AND chemo. See IRUN's profile if you want an idea of how successful using the full spectrum can be!

In the time I have been on this forum the stance on chemo has changed from last resort to first and is now possibly dropping back again having been usurped by early abi and Enzo for advanced PC.

User
Posted 09 Feb 2021 at 16:42

I am at a similar stage to you having received my diagnosis last month. Was offered either chemo or Enzalutamide. I did a lot of research, especially on this site, and the unanimous view seemed to favour Enza.

I opted for Enza and have been on it for 14 days now. So far so good. No side effects other than a couple of what my wife tells me are hot flushes.

Putting the name of the drug in the search engine on this site will give you plenty of material to inform your decision.

Good luck.

User
Posted 09 Feb 2021 at 16:54

Hi,

I had chemo a few months prior to enza, had 7 cycles of chemo which kept the psa down. Psa started to rise again after a few months so put on enza. 

No problems with enza apart from slight weight gain. Flushes were part and parcel of the zoladez implant which I was also on.

Unfortunately for me though the enza only proved effective for a few months, psa started to rise again and I'm now on Radium223 therapy. Everyone is different and some men have been on enza for years. I've no regrets with my choices. 

Hopefully the enza is more helpful for you. 

Sandy

User
Posted 09 Feb 2021 at 19:32

Hi Joaquin,

Just started my 4th cycle of Enza in conjunction with Decapeptyl (see my profile) and so far have been tolerating it pretty well.  I have put on 2kg or so around the waist area which is new for me as I have always been slim build and am also experiencing body hair loss.  Not sure which is to blame Enza or Deca though. 

Cheers Jay

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 09 Feb 2021 at 15:30
No personal experience but regarding onco questions I would be asking about adjuvant RT AND chemo. See IRUN's profile if you want an idea of how successful using the full spectrum can be!

In the time I have been on this forum the stance on chemo has changed from last resort to first and is now possibly dropping back again having been usurped by early abi and Enzo for advanced PC.

User
Posted 09 Feb 2021 at 16:42

I am at a similar stage to you having received my diagnosis last month. Was offered either chemo or Enzalutamide. I did a lot of research, especially on this site, and the unanimous view seemed to favour Enza.

I opted for Enza and have been on it for 14 days now. So far so good. No side effects other than a couple of what my wife tells me are hot flushes.

Putting the name of the drug in the search engine on this site will give you plenty of material to inform your decision.

Good luck.

User
Posted 09 Feb 2021 at 16:54

Hi,

I had chemo a few months prior to enza, had 7 cycles of chemo which kept the psa down. Psa started to rise again after a few months so put on enza. 

No problems with enza apart from slight weight gain. Flushes were part and parcel of the zoladez implant which I was also on.

Unfortunately for me though the enza only proved effective for a few months, psa started to rise again and I'm now on Radium223 therapy. Everyone is different and some men have been on enza for years. I've no regrets with my choices. 

Hopefully the enza is more helpful for you. 

Sandy

User
Posted 09 Feb 2021 at 19:32

Hi Joaquin,

Just started my 4th cycle of Enza in conjunction with Decapeptyl (see my profile) and so far have been tolerating it pretty well.  I have put on 2kg or so around the waist area which is new for me as I have always been slim build and am also experiencing body hair loss.  Not sure which is to blame Enza or Deca though. 

Cheers Jay

User
Posted 13 Feb 2021 at 15:48

Many Thanks to all who replied. Further to meeting with my oncologist my Enzalutamide journey starts shortly. Best wishes to all. 

User
Posted 13 Feb 2021 at 16:00

Good luck.