Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

7 years and still clear

User
Posted 11 Feb 2021 at 09:13

Hi

7 years since op to remove prostate and just had annual test. still clear. figure has gone from 0.01 to 0.05 but still very good. The days before each test are quite nerve racking as you really dont know what is going on inside your body at times!!

Hope this news helps those who have just been diagnosed or having treatment.

User
Posted 11 Feb 2021 at 09:13

Hi

7 years since op to remove prostate and just had annual test. still clear. figure has gone from 0.01 to 0.05 but still very good. The days before each test are quite nerve racking as you really dont know what is going on inside your body at times!!

Hope this news helps those who have just been diagnosed or having treatment.

User
Posted 18 Apr 2021 at 11:24

So, my husband is 7wks post surgery and we had the conversation with surgeon on Thursday that he was happy with surgery,  cancer was all contained in prostate and removed and PSA is 0.06. No further treatment needed. He said he wants another PSA test in 6wks where he hopes it will have gone lower again-but that 0.06 is good. Then hopes to discharge us back to local urology team.

Please can u confirm.....this is all excellent news isn't it?? He is cancer free now isn't he??

User
Posted 18 Apr 2021 at 11:32

Good news, and offers hope to us all.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 11 Feb 2021 at 10:35
Certainly helpful for me as I am 6 years soon and I too have a detectable PSA (using USPSA). Already stressing about my next test in June even though I have swapped to the standard test so I can see the < again!
User
Posted 11 Feb 2021 at 16:48
Brilliant, John 🎉👏
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 11 Feb 2021 at 19:59
Excellent...really pleased for you.
User
Posted 18 Apr 2021 at 11:24

So, my husband is 7wks post surgery and we had the conversation with surgeon on Thursday that he was happy with surgery,  cancer was all contained in prostate and removed and PSA is 0.06. No further treatment needed. He said he wants another PSA test in 6wks where he hopes it will have gone lower again-but that 0.06 is good. Then hopes to discharge us back to local urology team.

Please can u confirm.....this is all excellent news isn't it?? He is cancer free now isn't he??

User
Posted 18 Apr 2021 at 11:32

Good news, and offers hope to us all.