I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Olaparib update

User
Posted 20 Feb 2021 at 20:12

Hi,  I'm in a funny place just now. Don't know know any overall treatment outcomes and showing some odd initial side affects to this new drug which I started 2 weeks ago. Mainly around not eating, nausea and tiredness. I have a onco appt next Friday though, maybe she will put some light on my situation

Be great if anyone else on the forum are currently on Olaparib. I have done a fair bit of research finding very little forums out there. Be good to hear what others are experiencing as it is quite a lonely place when no one else around on the same drugs and all that 🤔😊

User
Posted 21 Feb 2021 at 01:29
A couple of past members were involved in the early trials with the Prof - I seem to remember nausea being a significant problem but the search function on here is absolutely awful so hard to find the posts now :-/
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Feb 2021 at 15:51

You should have the Patient Information Leaflet for Olaparib. It will be in the box your pills are in. If you look at it you will see that among the very common side effects are nausea, loss of appetite and feeling tired or week. Very common side effects are those experienced by more than 10% of people taking the drug.

You should ask your oncologist if it is possible to reduce your dose to minimise these side effects.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 21 Feb 2021 at 01:29
A couple of past members were involved in the early trials with the Prof - I seem to remember nausea being a significant problem but the search function on here is absolutely awful so hard to find the posts now :-/
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Feb 2021 at 15:51

You should have the Patient Information Leaflet for Olaparib. It will be in the box your pills are in. If you look at it you will see that among the very common side effects are nausea, loss of appetite and feeling tired or week. Very common side effects are those experienced by more than 10% of people taking the drug.

You should ask your oncologist if it is possible to reduce your dose to minimise these side effects.

User
Posted 22 Feb 2021 at 17:15

Thanks for the replies.

Yes there are many side effects with this drug. I continue to liaise with the care team and feedback any info I my receive.