I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hot Flushes Post Treatment

User
Posted 22 Feb 2021 at 11:35

Has anyone got any suggestions for help with the hot flushes side effects after my radiotherapy treatment, PSA level back down to 1 in December 2020. I've had 2 Decaptatyl injections now and really don't want to have flushes every day for the next 18 months. Have tried Sage but no effect.Any help appreciated.

User
Posted 22 Feb 2021 at 13:13

Hi Roger,

I think some people have had success with evening primrose oil. Though I got hot flushes they were not too troubling for me.

Dave

User
Posted 22 Feb 2021 at 19:04
Whilst on HT (and prob even now over 2 yrs post treatment) I had, to my mind anyway, proper hot flushes. I was lucky to get acupuncture to treat hot flushes and it worked really well. Obviously in current climate I guess acupuncture not possible but keep in mind for not too distant future?

Peter

User
Posted 22 Feb 2021 at 19:32
Yes, in some areas acupuncture is available (on the NHS) in or via the hospital urology department. In our area, some acupuncturists offer treatment for HT-induced hot flushes for free via a charity (except during a pandemic) and / or through the local hospice / Macmillan service.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 Feb 2021 at 22:06
Yes my acupuncture was via a cancer charity holistic care set up, free of charge but they welcomed a completely voluntary donation for each session. I was really impressed with acupuncture and the charity itself. I needed to get a form signed by my GP probably to confirm the cancer existed. Spouses could also get therapy like reflexology, counselling etc., tho my wife didn't.

Peter