I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA 19, blood clots heavy bleeding

User
Posted 25 Feb 2021 at 18:11

A family member has a PSA reading of 19. And then a day after finding this out has been passing a lot of blood (gross Hematuria) and blood clots. Difficulty urinating. He has recently had an MRI. If anyone’s had any experience of this,  when would the results be likely to be back? I’m so worried 

User
Posted 25 Feb 2021 at 19:08

Acer.

Has he also had a biopsy ?

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 25 Feb 2021 at 22:11

He had a biopsy 13 years ago. It was clear apparently. Nothing more was done 🤷🏼‍♀️ I think they’ve been checking his PSA level yearly. And it’s gone upto 19. I suspect he’ll need another biopsy after the MRI? Unless they see it’s prostate cancer?? Is that how it works? Sorry for the silly questions, this has all happened within a week and I’m confused and scared  

User
Posted 25 Feb 2021 at 23:33
The purpose of the MRI scan is two-fold. Firstly to see if anything that looks like cancer shows up in the prostate (tumours have a different appearance to healthy tissue) and secondly, if something that looks like cancer is seen, to guide the subsequent biopsy so samples are taken from the suspicious areas. With a PSA of 19, I suspect that he will have a biopsy. It’s worth noting, though, that blood in the urine can have causes other than prostate cancer, so don’t make assumptions.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 19 Apr 2022 at 08:53

Hi, 

How did everything go? 
my dad has similar symptoms 

thanks 

Emma