I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Stopping enzalutamide

User
Posted 25 Feb 2021 at 19:29

My partner, B, has been feeling a good deal better since they treated his raised blood calcium - less fatigued, and better appetite. We saw the oncologist yesterday, and they've proposed stopping his enzalutamide for 2 weeks, to see if that improves his energy level further. I'm wondering if they reckon enzalutamide isn't working anyway, in that his PSA has risen from 8 to 25 since November and his latest CT (preliminary results, he only had it Tues) shows some more spread in his pelvis. They plan to zap the new met in the pelvis with RT at some point. Would those kind of results suggest it's becoming hormone-resistant?

User
Posted 26 Feb 2021 at 13:08
Unfortunately yes I think it does.. Fingers crossed zapping the pelvic met gives a good response..
User
Posted 26 Feb 2021 at 13:22
The PSA wouldn't be that significant on its own but the fact there have been new mets developing while he was on HT and Enza suggests that the treatment is no longer working. Fingers crossed that stopping the Enza gives him the boost he needs.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 26 Feb 2021 at 13:08
Unfortunately yes I think it does.. Fingers crossed zapping the pelvic met gives a good response..
User
Posted 26 Feb 2021 at 13:22
The PSA wouldn't be that significant on its own but the fact there have been new mets developing while he was on HT and Enza suggests that the treatment is no longer working. Fingers crossed that stopping the Enza gives him the boost he needs.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard