I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Travel day after Cryotherapy?

User
Posted 02 Mar 2021 at 21:52

Hello all, I’m looking for advice. We have just found out my dad has Cryotherapy surgery booked in a few weeks.

Do you think he would be well enough to travel home with me on the train the day after his surgery? He has to stay in overnight.

The travel would include a taxi ride, 2.5 hour train ride & a 45 minute car journey? Or should we try & arrange a car journey (4-5 hours with stops)? He really wants to get the train but I am concerned he may not be well enough & we may get stranded. 

Thank you 

User
Posted 03 Mar 2021 at 02:57

Hi jess, I can't offer much help. I don't think many on here have had cryotherapy, so you may not get many responses. 

I had brachytherapy, I don't know if the surgical procedure for brachy is anyway comparable to cryotherapy. 

Doing a long journey by any means isn't very welcome after a night in hospital. You don't get much sleep and he may be groggy if they used an anaesthetic. 

I think ignore the hospital element of this and just say how you would have made the journey if you were just going to the theatre in which ever city it is; if the answer to that is drive then drive to the hospital, if the answer is train then take the train. One slight advantage to the train is being able to go to the toilet whenever he wants. 

Dave

User
Posted 03 Mar 2021 at 03:29
Hi Jess,

I guess much would depend how old and fit Dad is and how much discomfort he can tolerate as it may be that swelling and discomfort becomes worse over the first couple or so days. Has his consultant been asked about this as s/he will know more how men are generally affected than the few who have had this quite rare treatment on this forum?

Barry