I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Popping back with an update

User
Posted 04 Mar 2021 at 17:22

It's quite a while since I have written anything here as nothing of any note has happened to me and I haven't felt that I had anything very helpful to contribute. I had RALP in 2015, salvage RT in 2016 and have been on HT since March 2017. I thought that to mark 4 years of HT I would simply give a little update to say that I have been lucky and at 72 the HT has kept my PSA at an undetectable level almost since starting on it. I am still driving school buses ,still motorcycling, doing lots of walking and all the things I did before PCa - almost. RALP was non sparing so total ED and still some stress incontinence but on days when I have a lot of physical activity I just use bigger pads than the very light guards that I normally use.

I hope that someone might gain a bit of cheer from this update although I appreciate that I am lucky. I have my 6 monthly blood tests and a phone call from the nurse as well as my Prostap jab every 12 weeks but other than that I don't have to bother anyone. I wish everyone all the best wherever you are in your PCa journey.

Edited by member 05 Mar 2021 at 12:57  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 04 Mar 2021 at 17:22

It's quite a while since I have written anything here as nothing of any note has happened to me and I haven't felt that I had anything very helpful to contribute. I had RALP in 2015, salvage RT in 2016 and have been on HT since March 2017. I thought that to mark 4 years of HT I would simply give a little update to say that I have been lucky and at 72 the HT has kept my PSA at an undetectable level almost since starting on it. I am still driving school buses ,still motorcycling, doing lots of walking and all the things I did before PCa - almost. RALP was non sparing so total ED and still some stress incontinence but on days when I have a lot of physical activity I just use bigger pads than the very light guards that I normally use.

I hope that someone might gain a bit of cheer from this update although I appreciate that I am lucky. I have my 6 monthly blood tests and a phone call from the nurse as well as my Prostap jab every 12 weeks but other than that I don't have to bother anyone. I wish everyone all the best wherever you are in your PCa journey.

Edited by member 05 Mar 2021 at 12:57  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Mar 2021 at 00:08
Kevan, one of the most important contributions a person can make to this forum is to post good news. Very pleased to read your update!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 04 Mar 2021 at 18:11
Aww Kev that’s excellent news and good for you ! Well done on keeping chipper !

Keep on living it to the max

User
Posted 04 Mar 2021 at 18:21

Hi Chris, I see that you are still fighting this every step of the way and I am willing you on. Hoping that your experience of HT will be as good as mine has been. All the best to you.

User
Posted 04 Mar 2021 at 20:00

Thanks for your update Kev, gives us all hope.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 04 Mar 2021 at 18:11
Aww Kev that’s excellent news and good for you ! Well done on keeping chipper !

Keep on living it to the max

User
Posted 04 Mar 2021 at 18:21

Hi Chris, I see that you are still fighting this every step of the way and I am willing you on. Hoping that your experience of HT will be as good as mine has been. All the best to you.

User
Posted 04 Mar 2021 at 20:00

Thanks for your update Kev, gives us all hope.

User
Posted 04 Mar 2021 at 23:59

Great positive update Kevin.

Ange x

User
Posted 05 Mar 2021 at 00:08
Kevan, one of the most important contributions a person can make to this forum is to post good news. Very pleased to read your update!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Mar 2021 at 18:05

Good to hear, pleased for you. 

Mrs MAS