Error

Do I need to be so scared

User
Posted 09 Mar 2021 at 18:48

Ok

Edited by member 19 Apr 2021 at 18:39  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 09 Mar 2021 at 19:14
Are you doing your pelvic floor exercises, Andy? They really are the best way to regain bladder control.

Anxiety is perfectly normal during cancer treatment, and can be debilitating - I speak from personal experience there. If you are finding it all a bit overwhelming, don't just suffer. Your GP can give you medication which will really help.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 09 Mar 2021 at 19:22

Ok

Edited by member 19 Apr 2021 at 18:40  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 09 Mar 2021 at 19:35
Andy, my GP prescribed me a drug call Sertraline to help me with anxiety. I live alone and went through a really bad time mentally when I was diagnosed out of the blue with two different types of cancer (prostate cancer and kidney cancer). Both now sorted (fingers crossed) but I well remember how scared and alone I felt. I meant it - don't just suffer if you are feeling anxious. Get help.

Very best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 09 Mar 2021 at 19:41

Ok

Edited by member 19 Apr 2021 at 18:40  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 09 Mar 2021 at 20:36

The blood loss won't make any difference. Make sure you are trying to stop and start the flow that was what worked for me  probably because it is what doing pelvic floor exercises should feel like

User
Posted 09 Mar 2021 at 21:06

Ok

Edited by member 19 Apr 2021 at 18:41  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Mar 2021 at 10:21

Andy, you are very early days. Try to imagine the cutting and rejoining of your “plumbing”, still swollen, still to recover in the coming weeks. Relax and keep up with your PFE (watch YouTube to check your technique is correct).

Best wishes as you recover.

User
Posted 10 Mar 2021 at 10:24

Ok

Edited by member 19 Apr 2021 at 18:41  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Apr 2021 at 09:37

Ok

Edited by member 19 Apr 2021 at 18:42  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Apr 2021 at 09:39

Ok

Edited by member 19 Apr 2021 at 18:42  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Apr 2021 at 10:52

Andy, I am so sorry to read that you are still in pain.  I was very lucky in that I experienced very little pain, except for some stinging in the urethra.

I certainly have no hesitation in recommending surgery as I had a good experience, even though I did need salvage RT.

From my time on this forum, your experience seems way out of step in relation to what many others have experienced in relation to pain.  Leaking is another issue.

Please keep pestering the medics until they sort this for you.  I wish you well.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 18 Apr 2021 at 11:45
Where is the pain Andy?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 18 Apr 2021 at 21:02
Andy, your experience is not normal. The overwhelming majority of men who undergo an RP recover from surgery relatively quickly. You certainly shouldn't be in pain two months after surgery. What does your urologist say?

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 19 Apr 2021 at 01:40

I'm six weeks out from Robotic assisted prostatectomy and still have pain in the perineum region. My Urologist says this is normal because my prostrate was huge. Ibuprofen helps, and those that say you should be pain free are dead wrong. No one can say when you will be pain free because every surgery is different. Hang in there  because eventually all the cutting and burning will heal. I'm counting on that for myself as well. 

User
Posted 19 Apr 2021 at 18:12

Thank you all for your concerns but please save them for someone who see’s a future for themselves, I unfortunately chose surgery so therefore I chose to ruin my own life. My bad I’m afraid but not to worry. 

im not sure how to end this conversation so I will ask you please to not post any more replies and go and help someone who will accept help. 

thank you and god bless you all.