Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Fluid on lungs

User
Posted 17 Mar 2021 at 18:55

Hello there

not sure if anyone has any experience on this, but my dad has advanced prostate cancer (spread to pelvic lymph nodes) and while he has been a breathless the last year, the breathlessness has increased last 2 weeks.

We have had a doctors visit and he has indicated fluid on a lung and will sort an X-ray and blood tests.

So I guess my question is might this mean the cancer has spread to lung? Or could it just be a fluid build up.

Thats the thing with this (any) cancer you/we spend so much time worrying about every issue...it’s like a never ending worry trip!

xx

User
Posted 18 Mar 2021 at 11:33

Hi Anne, I see no one has replied to this so bumping you up again. I can’t answer your  question, sorry.

Edited by member 19 Mar 2021 at 11:25  | Reason: Spelling

Ido4

User
Posted 18 Mar 2021 at 19:06
Hi Anne, does he have signs of lymphodema? Heart failure? I am not sure that breathlessness is usually a sign of lung mets but I could be wrong.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 18 Mar 2021 at 19:16

Hi Lyn

Many thanks for the reply.

Yes he did have bad lymphodema last year, one leg was badly swollen for months but after his palliative radiotherapy in December the leg swelling has disappeared.

We are not aware of any heart issues. The doctor just mentioned fluid and getting an x ray and then maybe draining the fluid...

I just wondered what caused the fluid but I guess we will know more after the X-ray.

Its just a shame, as he was slowly enjoying getting more mobile the past month or so but now suddenly a lot more breathless.

Anne

xx