I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Back ache ,pins and needles = Prostatitis ?

User
Posted 18 Mar 2021 at 21:30

Hello All 

Been suffering Prostatitis on and off for 5-6 years now 55 . I'm probably lucky as doesn't really affect sex life (bit painful dull thud couple days after), urine flow is not to desperate although bouts of not feeling quite empty and throb at tip of penis. Often just a low level discomfort with fairly regular painful flare ups that appear connected to  back pain.

I get grief with lower back / hip a lot and with pins n needles down to toes and sometimes in arms during an prostatitis flare up trouble is hard to separate that from general back , muscle aches with a life of outdoor work.

I am pretty sure bending , stooping and lifting sets the prostatitis off ,then the groin ,back and general undercarriage aches . A severe aches down the inside leg at times however a dose of Voltarol usually reduces discomfort to low level however using that more often nowadays. Anyone else get these symptoms ? . At wits end trying to separate muscle / back nerves and prostatitis symptoms.

User
Posted 18 Mar 2021 at 22:43
How do you know that it is prostatitis? Do you have regular PSA tests? Are you under the care of a urologist and have you had any scans or biopsies in the 5/6 years?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 18 Mar 2021 at 23:35

Yes it gets hard as you get older to work out which pain is which. Have you been to the GP to get all this checked out. 

Dave

User
Posted 19 Mar 2021 at 07:02

I was diagnosed around 4 years ago after urologist  examinations / procedures through camera (penis) and rectum in hospital. Thereafter urologist advised voltarol which i take whenever flare up gets to uncomfortable. The intermittent back / limb aches , tingling sensations ,numbness and pins n needles like feeling is a new symptom which one doc reckoned back / nerves related. I m seeing a physio for back however always feel back / prostatitis linked and it is starting to impact on my everyday life and moods.

User
Posted 19 Mar 2021 at 07:05

Aye been to doc to the extent i get embarrassed as feels like a repeat with no obvious forward motion in relation to finding out or pinpointing the problem exactly .

User
Posted 21 Mar 2021 at 23:00

With me lifting heavy weights has an effect on my prostate and waterworks. If you havent already, look up chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Stress and worry won't help either. It's hard not to worry though.  I'm unsure re your back as I have never had back or leg pain.

User
Posted 21 Mar 2021 at 23:02

Thanks i will have a look at that  ....

User
Posted 18 Sep 2022 at 07:04

Hi

did you get any joy finding answer. I have same situation, been resting up for 5 weeks but no improvement. Still waiting for official diagnosis 

User
Posted 20 Sep 2022 at 08:40

Getting prostatitis resolved tends to require getting referred to a urologist who really understands it, and they're rather thin on the ground. If you're being prescribed antibiotics at random by GP or consultant, then you don't have someone who knows how to diagnose and treat prostatitis. It isn't always curable as it isn't always an infection, but it is possible to have it properly diagnosed.

I would have thought that pins and needles would merit having an urgent scan. While prostatitis can cause back ache, other causes need to be checked out in that case such as degeneration of the spine impacting on nerves, as that could become serious very quickly.

User
Posted 20 Sep 2022 at 11:35

Yep, now referred to urologist.  Suspected CPPS rather than prostatitis.  Just had this morning the MRI and CT scan to rule anything out sinister which I get the results back on Friday.

The daily leakage through to Jeans is very embarrassing and achy legs constantly with fatigue is getting me down a bit along with the swollen stomach.  Looking forward to getting some answers soon :-)