Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Breast cancer equivalent of PCUK

User
Posted 22 Mar 2021 at 21:04

Hi all

Sometimes, life just makes things harder.  Having started my treatment over 4 years ago, I have come to learn the life of living with cancer.  Now, my other half has just been diagnosed with cancer.  Like most of us here, she is keen to find a support group on the internet that is good.  She knows about PCUK (and my very high view of it!), and I'm wondering if any of you might know of a site of equal caliber that helps those with breast cancer.  All recommendations most gratefully received.

Many thanks, and keep well

Graham

User
Posted 22 Mar 2021 at 23:15

Sorry to hear that, Graham. I like the macmillan forum best https://community.macmillan.org.uk/

But warn her to choose a name carefully, particularly if she might want to post private thoughts that she wouldn't want a friend or family member to stumble across. The breast cancer forum is more public that this PCUK one and people don't need to join as members to see the names of the posters.

I hope that she finds the support she needs.

This is an important point for our own forum as well - I have noticed recently that more members are using the other person's real name, even where the member has chosen a code or nom-de-plume. In my view, this is discourteous - we should use the identity that people provide with their avatar, even if they have given their real name on their profile.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 23 Mar 2021 at 08:54
Many thanks for that Lyn. I'll point her in that direction and await the response!
User
Posted 23 Mar 2021 at 09:40

Sorry to hear about your wife’s diagnosis Grahamt. Sending best wishes for good health.