Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PCa gone to bones

User
Posted 29 Mar 2021 at 16:15

Hi y'all, 

I've had PCa since 2007. I had a CT and bone scans last Monday. On Thursday I had a appointment at Urology, had a flow test, PSA was up to 8 and I am a priority list for a Phimosis op. 

I mentioned to the Urologist (whom I'd not met before, an have no wish to meet again) that I'd had the scans. He said he would go and check if the results were back. He came back and told me that the scans had shown up several things , one of them being that the cancer had spread to the bones and that my Oncologist would probably have something in his bag of tricks. I feel that we were then quickly ushered out, as he said they were  very busy at the sudden influx of patients, Waiting room seemed quite empty though.

I see my Oncologist ( a great bloke) tomorrow morning. Don't have a clue what to ask him. Could anyone offer advice, please.

Transport

User
Posted 29 Mar 2021 at 18:35
I guess it would be sensible to ask the onco to confirm what the urologist has said, just in case the uro was careless and looking at your previous scans. Considering your scan history (possible bone involvement in 2011 and 2013 ruled out by an unpleasant onco, clear scan in 2018) I would also want to know if the suspicious areas now are the same places as in 2011 / 2013? And finally, what is the treatment plan going to be now.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 30 Mar 2021 at 16:26

Hi Transport,

You must be one of the longest members of this forum, almost exactly 13 years.  Also you had Gleason 5+4, T3/T4, psa 101, 14 years ago.   That's great encouragement for many on this group and should be shouted out.

I hope your Oncologist gave you a good report today.   It's not so clever being given a poor report without any support and, as Lyn points out, to do it possibly without consideration of your previous experience.

Keep us informed.  All the best, Peter

User
Posted 30 Mar 2021 at 17:50

Please check my Profile 
3and1/2 years ago when I had spread I had early Chemo 
Psa 0.04 for the last three years , 
Now coming of HT injections for a rest from HT

Regards Barry

User
Posted 01 Apr 2021 at 05:08

Hell! Barry you've had a really bad time. I know exactly where you are coming from about the catheter experience. Fortunately my TURP was fine so my experience of catheters is nowhere near to yours.

I sympathise with the emotional side  you're feeling. I spent many a time crying over what's happening to me. I'm told that it's just a side effect of the HT. JUST!

Stay safe Barry, and my very best wishes for the future. 

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 29 Mar 2021 at 18:35
I guess it would be sensible to ask the onco to confirm what the urologist has said, just in case the uro was careless and looking at your previous scans. Considering your scan history (possible bone involvement in 2011 and 2013 ruled out by an unpleasant onco, clear scan in 2018) I would also want to know if the suspicious areas now are the same places as in 2011 / 2013? And finally, what is the treatment plan going to be now.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Mar 2021 at 19:46

Thank you very much for replying and your advice. 

User
Posted 30 Mar 2021 at 16:26

Hi Transport,

You must be one of the longest members of this forum, almost exactly 13 years.  Also you had Gleason 5+4, T3/T4, psa 101, 14 years ago.   That's great encouragement for many on this group and should be shouted out.

I hope your Oncologist gave you a good report today.   It's not so clever being given a poor report without any support and, as Lyn points out, to do it possibly without consideration of your previous experience.

Keep us informed.  All the best, Peter

User
Posted 30 Mar 2021 at 17:50

Please check my Profile 
3and1/2 years ago when I had spread I had early Chemo 
Psa 0.04 for the last three years , 
Now coming of HT injections for a rest from HT

Regards Barry

User
Posted 01 Apr 2021 at 04:13

Hi all, had meeting with onco and he told me that the scans show Low Grades of cancer in the spine, pelvis, sternum and several ribs but not in any organs. He's taking me

off Bicalutimide, continuing with Zolodex and is putting me on Abi and steroids. As I responded well to HT treatment he is confident that Abi is the right way to go. He is such a positive and pleasant person, I am pleased I have him as my Onco.

Away from PCa, the next day it was back to hospital for a preassement for my little op in the 'gentlemans dept' thankfully, under GA, so an overnight stay maybe on the cards.

Stay safe.

Edited by member 01 Apr 2021 at 04:14  | Reason: Missed word

User
Posted 01 Apr 2021 at 05:08

Hell! Barry you've had a really bad time. I know exactly where you are coming from about the catheter experience. Fortunately my TURP was fine so my experience of catheters is nowhere near to yours.

I sympathise with the emotional side  you're feeling. I spent many a time crying over what's happening to me. I'm told that it's just a side effect of the HT. JUST!

Stay safe Barry, and my very best wishes for the future.