I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pains during hormone treatment

User
Posted 30 Mar 2021 at 00:50

Is anyone having pains in their joints and muscles while going through hormone treatment,? Im getting a lot of pains from hips to knees and around my ribs , it flares up and then subsides again after a while 

User
Posted 30 Mar 2021 at 07:30

Hi Bobby1962, 

I also get similar pains, get worse towards late evening but I find that even moderate exercise such as walking or cross trainer helps a great deal.  I try not to stay still for too long and use my fitbit watch to remind me to do at least 250 steps every waking hour.

Jay

User
Posted 30 Mar 2021 at 07:46
Aches and pains during HT are entirely normal. HT causes you to lose muscle mass. As the previous poster says, regular exercise should help.
User
Posted 30 Mar 2021 at 09:46

Hi jay , they def are worse at nights , i shall move a bit more

User
Posted 30 Mar 2021 at 09:58

I always say to treat exercise as mandatory while on hormone therapy. It helps reduce many of the side effects.

User
Posted 30 Mar 2021 at 13:02

Yep, same here. Subjective I know, but positive I have more aches and pains this winter than any time before! About the only place yet to have aches is elbows and ankles. Every other joint (back included) ached at some time this winter. Exercise every morning to help with it and its easily bearable, especially with a nice hot shower after work out 😀

Good luck to everyone coping with the insidious big C

User
Posted 30 Mar 2021 at 13:56

Cheers steve , i can wholeheartedly agree with you , sometime i feel like ive been steamrolled lol but never seems to last to long lol

User
Posted 30 Mar 2021 at 19:51
My oh is getting pains and stiffness mostly in the lower leg. He thought it was due to recent (finished January) radiotherapy but the nurse this week said it’s more likely to be HT. He also suffers with restless legs, mostly in the evening. He’s exercising but no improvement yet.
User
Posted 30 Mar 2021 at 20:07

I suffered from restless legs too but my wife got me a 7Kg weighted blanket and that has made a huge difference. I use it when I sleep and also on my legs when I am sat on the sofa watching TV.    Couldn't be without it now, just not sure if it is going to be too hot to use in the summer.