I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Post surgery aches and pains

User
Posted 04 Apr 2021 at 20:17

I am 2.5 weeks post surgery ( robotic keyhole surgery). I have been experiencing constant pains in my hips and thighs. It more pronounced when walking. Has anyone experienced something similar or is this part of the healing process ? I would appreciate other people’s post surgery experiences.

User
Posted 04 Apr 2021 at 23:23
I only remember my OH having sharp needle like pains in his stomach when he stretched a little too much or bent down too quick. A heck of a lot of cutting and slicing has gone on down there. I wonder if you are experiencing nerve pain travelling along. Nerves

probably have been cut and they take a time to heal.

User
Posted 04 Apr 2021 at 23:49

Hi,  It could be an after effect that will go away.  Although I got arthritis in one hip during diagnosis which worried me.  It was very painful initially and would travel into my thigh especially when walking or if sitting in a seat with side lips like my car's bucket seat.  It is possible to worry too much and it makes it worse although I'd ask the doctor or even ring the PCUK nurse.  All the best Peter

User
Posted 18 Apr 2021 at 20:54

Thank you

User
Posted 18 Apr 2021 at 20:56

Thanks Peter Sorry for the delay in replying as I am still not used to the Webb side.