I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Life 12 Months Post Treatment

User
Posted 08 Apr 2021 at 12:51

So approximately 26 months after completing HDR brachy, 15 sessions of radiotherapy and 12 months since ceasing hormone therapy (12 months of Zoladex followed by 6 months of Bicalutamide 150mg daily) for G9 cancer, PSA now 0.2 and testosterone up to 7.9 (lower end of normal range).

Virtually no more hot flushes and despite being prescribed Sildenafil 100mg, managed to resume a normal marital relationship with my wife quite recently without recourse to same.

So personally for me, a good outcome to date and hopefully the future six monthly PSA tests will continue to remain low.

User
Posted 08 Apr 2021 at 14:17

Hi Jon, your diagnosis age and treatment are all very very similar to mine. I am doing well too, and recovered from the HT recently. Last psa was nearly six months ago whilst testosterone was still very low, so next psa test next month will be the most important one. 

Dave

User
Posted 08 Apr 2021 at 18:23
Excellent news, Jon. I'm just over 2 years post-RT myself and also doing well. My PSA is stable at 1.5 (my oncologist said anything below 2 he'd regard as a success) and no remaining side-effects. All good!

Best wishes,

Chris