Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Possible prostatitis?

User
Posted 11 Apr 2021 at 17:48

Hi all

Im 36 years old. Back in January I experienced some problems with urination. I had hesitancy and when I did start only a small amount came out even though I felt like I was bursting. I was having to go every 20mins or so. Also had erection problems and ejaculation was painful. Doc did a DRE and all was fine. It was done again a week later and again fine. Also had a scan to see how much urine was in my bladder as I was bursting but couldn't go...there was only 80ml in my bladder! I was given antibiotics for 4 weeks (even though urine tests were clear). After about 4 weeks, it eased and went back to normal.

Now it seems to have come back. Not as bad this time in that I don't need the toilet as much but I do feel like I've been sitting on a bike. There's a tightness in my perineual area and I feel a tightness when I ejaculate. I feel like I have been sitting on a bike. I am worried that it's something sinister that that docs aren't picking up but at the same time I'm wondering if it was something worse, it wouldn't have cleared up for around a month surely?

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with these issues if they have experienced them too? I spoke to a urologist the other day on phone and he thinks it is an over active bladder and is sending a letter to the doc to tell me which medications to try. This will take 2 weeks though so in the meantime any advice would be welcome!

Thanks

Alan

Edited by member 11 Apr 2021 at 20:20  | Reason: Add info

User
Posted 12 Apr 2021 at 19:35
Try cutting out caffeine and increasing your intake of cranberry juice - the proper stuff though rather than the cheaper 'from concentrate' if you can. If you can't find fresh cranberry juice at your supermarket, it is possible to buy frozen cranberries & whizz them in a blender or juicer.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 13 Apr 2021 at 03:42
Urinary infections can sometimes be difficult to find and overcome. Sometimes more than one type of antibiotic is necessary.

Many years before being diagnosed with PCa, I felt the need to urinate but could sometimes only pass a small amount. I was prescribed Tamsulosin Hydrochloride in capsule form and have been on this ever since. In my case the Tamsulosin helps relax the muscles and I believe a narrow sphincter was mentioned. I also attended a clinic and the advice was as Lyn has described. I don't drink much Cranberry juice these days but still have a lot of decaffeinated tea and some decaff coffee and very occasional as a treat some 'proper' coffee as I have tried many decaff types but these are never quite as nice.
Barry