I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

So far - so good

User
Posted 16 Apr 2021 at 16:02

Firstly may I say what a great community this is! I have been an avid reader since my diagnosis, age 66, in November 2020 with prostate cancer and I have learnt a great deal.

I have followed the familiar path of a rising PSA, followed by an MRI, a biopsy, and finally RARP on 16/02/2021.  My tumour was Gleason 3+4 T2 but I am told that with 25% pattern 4 cribriform,  it was fairly aggressive - my surgeon said it could be considered a 3 + 4.5. My recent PSA at 8 weeks post-op was <0.03 i.e. undetectable. I have had full urinary continence since my catheter was removed and there are early signs that my ED is lessening. I feel that at least for the moment I have dodged a bullet and I need to post my history of seemingly successful treatment to encourage others in a similar situation. As I said this forum is great, and I particularly appreciate the calm wisdom of LynEyre, but of course understandably the majority of the posts are from people who are encountering problems whereas the many who proceed without issues don't always bother to post.

Edited by member 17 Apr 2021 at 17:07  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 Apr 2021 at 16:27
Glad to hear you're doing well after your surgery. I think you may have your dates wrong, though?

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 16 Apr 2021 at 16:29

Thanks 👍🏻