I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostate friendly bike saddles

User
Posted 19 Apr 2021 at 19:09

I have had RP 6 weeks ago and am planning to start cycling again in about 6 weeks time. I have read in another conversation about prostate friendly saddles. I'm a cycle tourist and normally ride for a full day , does anyone have any recommendations for prostate saddles suitable for a full days ride.

Thanks

User
Posted 19 Apr 2021 at 19:38
Apologies - I googled prostate friendly saddles and it took me to this site in diet and lifestyle ! My question has been answered.

Thanks

User
Posted 19 Apr 2021 at 23:33

Something with a large perineal cutout and/or a short 'nose' to prevent/discourage you from scooting too far forward and putting pressure on the perineum instead of the sit bones. Like saddles in general it will depend on your anatomy and the type of riding you do.

I get on well with a Specialized 'sitero' but that wouldn't necessarily suit you.

_____

Two cannibals named Ectomy and Prost, all alone on a Desert island.

Prost was the strongest, so Prost ate Ectomy.

User
Posted 20 Apr 2021 at 07:52

I bought a Specialized Power Expert Saddle. Its a proper perineal friendly performance saddle

User
Posted 20 Apr 2021 at 14:00
I have an SMP Trk Gel, which I like a lot.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 20 Apr 2021 at 18:08

Thanks for you suggestion , smp trk gel looks good and is in my price range. I will order this one from wiggle.

Thanks to all for the advice. I have found the site to be a great comfort and support , I would have struggled without all the help and guidance provided.