Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bloods Taken - Scared of the results

User
Posted 21 Apr 2021 at 22:47

Hi all,

New to this site, But I'm hoping someone can give me advice, Or maybe just a little comfort.

I started having symptoms about a week ago, Dull ache and pressure in bladder, Sharp pain in perineum, Freqeuent urination that sometimes burns, pain after ejaculation. 

I called the doctor about these symptoms and he has put me on a week long course of MacroBID, And has taken some bloods to test for kidney function and I assume PSA test (Doctor just mumbled about prostate checking)

As you can imagine me and doctor Google have had a real party, I have awful health anxiety, And now I'm terrified about the upcoming results....I'm not even sure when I'll get the results which makes things worse. 

Anyone have any experience with something similar? Or just some helpful advice? 

User
Posted 21 Apr 2021 at 23:05

At 28 this is very unlikely to be cancer. Most people do not get any symptoms from prostate cancer. Your symptoms are very likely to be an infection.

As for anxiety waiting for test results, yes pretty much everyone on this site gets that.

I get my results by logging on to an app that my gp uses. They usually take about four working days. 

Dave

User
Posted 22 Apr 2021 at 10:59

Thanks for the reply,

Thanks for the reassurance, Much appreciated.

Yeah it's the waiting that drives me insane, as it does for everyone I presume, Oh well I'll just try to relax in the meantime I think and wait for the results, Best I can do 🙂

Appreciate you taking the time to reply however, So thank you