Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Further Testing?

User
Posted 28 Apr 2021 at 16:00

Hi all,

I have recently had many symptoms of a UTI, Frequent urination, Ache and burning pain in bladder, Occasional burning in urethra. Along with a few other symptoms that pop up now and again (Albeit very sporadic), Sharp Pain after ejaculation located in my Penis, Perineum and rectum. 

I have been to the GP who took bloods and tested my kidney functions, Prostate (PSA) and a urine sample. I was given a 7 day prescription for MacroBid, waited a week for results and spoke to the GP today who told me all the tests were normal and that "No further action is required" unless my symptoms persist or return.

At present I've still got a little backache, Peeing fairly frequently but not an awful lot of urine and my bladder is still a little achey and occasionally feels inflamed. Much better than it was, But still not gone all together.

Should I push to see a urologist? Or for further testing? I'm under the impression that UTI's aren't common in men and usually always have another cause such as prostatitis etc.

Maybe I'm just being pedantic or letting my anxiety rule over me. Any advice would be much appreciated however

Thanks all

Edited by member 28 Apr 2021 at 21:18  | Reason: Missing info

User
Posted 28 Apr 2021 at 21:06

You don't say what, if any, symptoms you still have after the antibiotic.

User
Posted 28 Apr 2021 at 21:19

Ah yes,

Thank you for pointing this out. I've amended the post to include this info

User
Posted 29 Apr 2021 at 10:00

Yes, ask for a referral to the urology dept. at the hospital.

Cheers, John.