I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Blood Pressure & HT

User
Posted 05 May 2021 at 17:40

I recently started HT (2nd Prostap injection 14th April). Had my blood pressure taken today and it was very high so will have to go on meds before an operation scheduled for 28th May. I have noticed that I have been feeling quite anxious recently, like a continuous nervous feeling in my stomach and I'm now wondering if the high blood pressure and anxious feeling (perhaps hyper tension) is anything to do the the HT. 

Has anyone come across anything to suggest the two are connected?

User
Posted 05 May 2021 at 18:13

HT is well known for raising blood pressure, but so is anxiety, so it's probably not possible to easily show the what extent each is responsible.

HT can also make anxiety worse, although just worrying about prostate cancer can do that too.

So I think it's not unreasonable to think there could be a connection.

User
Posted 05 May 2021 at 18:48
My blood pressure is raised also 4 months into HT. I’ve always had anxiety but I think levels have increased also
User
Posted 05 May 2021 at 19:04
HT can play havoc with you emotionally, so not surprising to get increased levels of anxiety and raised blood pressure.

I was also on Tamsulosin, which lowers your BP, so I guess the two cancelled each other out to a certain extent.

Hope your treatment goes well,

Chris

User
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 08:12
Off to see my Onco this arvo. Been on Prostap since September 2018 with no break. My blood pressure is high so my GP has put me on 5 mg Amlodipine for a month to get it down.

I'm going to ask my Onco if I should have a hormone holiday to help support the blood pressure treatment.

Any thoughts?

User
Posted 20 Feb 2023 at 18:57
Shortly after I started on HT, Zoladex (plus abiraterone, enzalutimide&prednisolone as part of trial) my BP rose &stopped the trial stuff briefly&referred to cardiologist & on 3 BP tablets daily, low dose stuff and remain on them today, that was early 2016 I think, trial medication then restarted.

Peter