I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

ED medicine storage / usage

User
Posted 16 May 2021 at 17:43

So I got given some Vitaros ampoules to try. I've been on an "off" place in my head for several months (mainly unrelated to PCa, as I rarely think about that now) and stuck them on the side because I could not face trying them. Today I looked at the packet and it said "keep in fridge". You **** ***, was the first thought that entered my head, then I thought "no point trying these now as they are hosed".

Not sure whether to chuck it in or fess up to the GP and say "can I have another batch".

Something doesn't sit right using drugs.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

P

Errata - turns out I misread the issue date as the expiry date. So they are in date but have not been kept cold. Does that inactivate them or make them dangerous?

Edited by member 16 May 2021 at 20:32  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 May 2021 at 21:00
I did the same with Caverject, just stored at room temperature for a couple of months, ( I dont have much use for it nowadays :-( ), it still seemed to work OK, I now store it in the fridge with other meds for asthma etc, I have taken over the top shelf!

John

Gleason 6 = 3+3 PSA 8.8 P. volume 48 cc Left Cores 3/3, Volume = 20% PSA 10.8 Feb '19 PSA 1.2

Jan '20 PSA 0.3 July '20 0.1 Jan. 21 < 0.1 Dec 21 <0.01 June '22 <0.01 April '23  <0.01

User
Posted 16 May 2021 at 21:29
If the Vitaros have been at room temperature, they won't harm you but are unlikely to work :-( We took some on holiday with us once but they didn't travel well. I would chuck them out & request a repeat prescription from the GP - as a bare minimum, you are entitled to 4 per month so you might not need to confess
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 16 May 2021 at 22:32
Seems like we could all do with a mini wine cooler in the bedroom :-))
User
Posted 16 May 2021 at 23:51
Our camping fridge is super-cold .... it was the 24 hour journey from Leeds to the Ardeche via an overnight ferry that killed the passion 😂
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 17 May 2021 at 13:34

A wine cooler in the bedroom, now there’s an idea! 

Ido4

User
Posted 24 May 2021 at 14:26
Got a resupply with no drama.

Important question though.

I have just had my second COVID jab.

Since ED drugs affect the blood system and there is all this drama around blood clots (I have had the AstraZeneca jab), is it safer to wait a few weeks before trying it?

Cheers!

User
Posted 24 May 2021 at 15:40

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Got a resupply with no drama.

Important question though.

I have just had my second COVID jab.

Since ED drugs affect the blood system and there is all this drama around blood clots (I have had the AstraZeneca jab), is it safer to wait a few weeks before trying it?

Cheers!

What a way to go though!

User
Posted 24 May 2021 at 16:07
Going out with a bang :)