Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Another rise

User
Posted 20 May 2021 at 09:38

Hi All it's been a while!

I've just had another consultation with Oncologist (3 years since removal, 2 years since 33 doses of radiation) my PSA has risen again as it continues to do with every blood test.

It has risen to 0.59 from 0.165 6 months ago. Oncologist is organising Pet scan as he thinks it may well show something up.Problem is as this was phone consultation it seems to be rushed, with little time for questions.

Has anyone had similar problems after removal combined with radiation?

Worried.

Thanks Barry.

User
Posted 20 May 2021 at 13:02

Barry 

Unfortunately there are far too many of us in a similar situation. I am 7 years post removal and four years post SRT. PSA at around.0.62.

I was given different values for a PET scan, nurse said 1. Oncologist said 2,4 or even 8.

Rise is quite steep but many guys are reporting rises after covid jabs. At least your guy is being proactive.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 21 May 2021 at 07:48

Hi Barry,

I'm not quite in the same boat as you and Chris, since I have yet to receive any SRT. My PSA has reached 0.3, and I have another PSMA PET scan booked this very afternoon. The previous one at PSA = 0.1 found nothing.

My oncologist assures me that she has had cases where PSA readings have risen this high only for them to stabilise and even reduce. However I am half hoping that this time something is discovered, so that at the very least I don't get zapped at random!

I have just had my 2nd Covid-19 jab, so is there anything beyond "anecdotal" evidence for that causing a PSA increase?

Jim

Edited by member 21 May 2021 at 07:49  | Reason: Not specified

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 May 2021 at 13:02

Barry 

Unfortunately there are far too many of us in a similar situation. I am 7 years post removal and four years post SRT. PSA at around.0.62.

I was given different values for a PET scan, nurse said 1. Oncologist said 2,4 or even 8.

Rise is quite steep but many guys are reporting rises after covid jabs. At least your guy is being proactive.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 21 May 2021 at 07:48

Hi Barry,

I'm not quite in the same boat as you and Chris, since I have yet to receive any SRT. My PSA has reached 0.3, and I have another PSMA PET scan booked this very afternoon. The previous one at PSA = 0.1 found nothing.

My oncologist assures me that she has had cases where PSA readings have risen this high only for them to stabilise and even reduce. However I am half hoping that this time something is discovered, so that at the very least I don't get zapped at random!

I have just had my 2nd Covid-19 jab, so is there anything beyond "anecdotal" evidence for that causing a PSA increase?

Jim

Edited by member 21 May 2021 at 07:49  | Reason: Not specified

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
User
Posted 23 Jun 2021 at 10:59

Hi Barry

My husband had T4N1M1 diagnosed in 2018, put on chemo straight away plus asked to take part in a stampede trial, which he did. He had  patches to put on his back or upper arm, changed every 3 or 4 days. They worked brilliantly. Brought his PSA score right down to 0.1 and everything was progressing well. But over the last year he started to react to the patches, or rather the adhesive. A different make was tried but they wouldn’t stick on so he reluctantly had to come off the trial and is now on the stomach injections every 3 months. The outcome of this has been a gradual rise in his score every time he has had his blood test before the injection.

Since January, when he started the injection, his score has risen from 0.1 to 0.69.  Like you he has telephone consultations with his oncologist and he was told not to worry about it, they would keep an eye on it as over the years they would expect it to slowly rise. They said its when it jumps rapidly in a short time they get more concerned and start to look at further treatment. It’s good that your onco is looking further into it for you though.

Merilyn

User
Posted 24 Jun 2021 at 11:21

Thanks Merilyn hope your Husband gets on better with new treatment.

My PET scan has been cancelled once, and is now due next Friday, here's hoping for some comforting results.

Regards

Barry