Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Recurrence treatment questions

User
Posted 15 Jun 2021 at 18:19

Hello all,

Please see our profile. Hubby's PSA rise from undetectable for 6 years to 0.2 in October 2020. In march it rose to 0.3. Just had results and it's remained at 0.3. No doubling yet.

As Pete has been off treatment for a couple of years, he's not seen onco since then. GP still hasn't come up with a plan and hubby is quite laise fair about it, whereas I'm quite worried and want him to ask for consultant referral. How do we get him to do this?! 

Also, he had salvage radiotherapy already, do in his case, is there a real point to the scans? Will they not just give hormones any way and not radiotherapy? He has no prostate. It's probably a stupid question. 

Sorry for my meanderings!

'Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, but faith looks up'
User
Posted 15 Jun 2021 at 21:16

Base of spine and lower shoulder blades. Both also target areas for arthritis. 

Such is life. Take care. 

User
Posted 16 Jun 2021 at 00:08

Peterandalison.

I am a very similar situation, my oncologist had said we may scan at 2,4 or even 8 depending on velocity.  A scan may find one or two locations of the cancer and they may be treated locally,  at such a low levels detection may be difficult. Some posts today have suggested HT may be held off until the PSA is as much as 20. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 16 Jun 2021 at 11:25
I’m pretty much the same as Chris. But you should be referred back to the oncologist to oversee his care. The GP is not an expert in PCa.

At 0.3 they are very unlikely to do anything but they will monitor and make decisions further down the line

Bri

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 15 Jun 2021 at 20:49

Hi there,

Just reeling with shock here. My husband was diagnosed in 2015 with T3b N1 M0, Gleason 7 (4+3). Hormone therapy and radiotherapy as a ‘cure’. PSA after treatment has remained undetected until now which is 0.1. All treatment stopped for 2.5 years. No reason for concern! However today just been informed of two hotspots on spine due to a bone scan requested for backache. Apparently this is rare, but to all of you out there, be vigilant and pursue any concerns. Best wishes. 

User
Posted 15 Jun 2021 at 21:00

Hi mona lisa , i do hope your husband will be ok , can i ask where in the back was he getting the pain and what age he is ?

User
Posted 15 Jun 2021 at 21:16

Base of spine and lower shoulder blades. Both also target areas for arthritis. 

Such is life. Take care. 

User
Posted 16 Jun 2021 at 00:08

Peterandalison.

I am a very similar situation, my oncologist had said we may scan at 2,4 or even 8 depending on velocity.  A scan may find one or two locations of the cancer and they may be treated locally,  at such a low levels detection may be difficult. Some posts today have suggested HT may be held off until the PSA is as much as 20. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 16 Jun 2021 at 11:25
I’m pretty much the same as Chris. But you should be referred back to the oncologist to oversee his care. The GP is not an expert in PCa.

At 0.3 they are very unlikely to do anything but they will monitor and make decisions further down the line

Bri