Doctor from UCLH contacted me yesterday following my recent Template Biopsy. He did not have the size of my tumour but it was evident that it had grown slightly. It was now graded as 4+3, rather than 3+4 which it had always been graded since I was originally diagnosed in 2007 and at every subsequent biopsy until this recent one.
I was offered HT which they expected me to decline from my record, or a second application of HIFU. I confirmed I wished to go with the latter and asked when this could be done. It will depend on the surgeon's waiting list but will be in a matter of weeks rather than months. This is a volte-face as I was previously told by the top man that as I had previously had RT to my Prostate and HIFU, they would not subject it to another assault. So I was surprised to learn that the lady Professor who administered the HIFU previously was prepared to administer it for a second time. Maybe, this was conceded as I have been obdurate and persistent in declining HT. This is most probably the last chance of treating the cancer specifically within the Prostate as a Prostatectomy would be much more difficult after RT and two HIFU treatments and would almost certainly result in permanent incontinence as I was told before having the first HIFU procedure. I hope this second application does the job, so HT will not be necessary, at least not for quite a time.